Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Using # in a Menu that interprets anything as an extension.
  •  
Oli

Send a private message to this user
Hi

We have an auto attendant menu used to greet people using our inhouse conference service on operator 2.4.3

The menu is set to interpret any number dialled as an extension.

This works perfectly until a someone calls in and presses the send / # / Pound key after dialling the conference extension.

When they press the Send / # / Pound key the auto attendant message plays again from the start.

This essentially makes it impossible to use as external clients are so used to pressing the # key to confirm things at auto attendant messages.

Is there any way around this ?

Thanks

Oli

•  
ksnyder

It appears that the best approach at the moment is to, perhaps, modify the announcement. "If you know your party's X-digit extension, you may dial it at any time."

# key is common for entering credit card numbers, room numbers, PIN numbers. I don't believe it's a common practice for entering an extension.

I experimented with adding a # key-press action to the script in hopes that the # key would be detected after the conference extension and might trigger a sub-script that played an announcement saying that, "The # key is an invalid entry on this menu". Unfortunately that didn't work as it took the whole entry Extension+#, didn't see a match, and re-played the main greeting message. Was worth a shot, but at the end of the day it works as would be expected.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way how I understand Oli's post is, that callers expect the pound key to act as an <Enter> key. In other words, once they dial the internal extension number (e.g. "144"), they hit the pound to confirm. Yet Operator tries to dial the whole number (e.g. "144#"), the dialing fails and the call returns to the auto attendant menu.

To be honest, I would also expect Operator to strip the pound key and dial only the extension number.

I'll see what we can do about that.

Filip
  •  
Oli

Hi Filip. That is exactly what I mean. Thanks for looking into this!

Cheers

Oli
  •  
Oli

I notice this is fixed in the most recent update.

Thanks very much for the hard work and quick response. You guys really are great.

Cheers

Oli

Previous Topic: Kerio Operator with Dlink DVG 6004s
Next Topic: Unique config for Cisco SPA500S
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 15:35:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.