Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Message Queu processing in a loop (8 incoming messages switch between Message Queu and Messages in Queue)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
Someone has been using one of my staff e-mail addresses as a return address on their spam. The bounces were overwhelming our mail server. I first restricted the user to local e-mail and then set our spam service to reject all e-mail for him. For other users the server has died down but I still have 2 problems.

1) I cannot access his account via WebMail, the connection fails. I can connect to my account via webmail

2) There are around 8 incoming e-mails to his account that keep bouncing between Message Queue Processing and Messages in Queu. They are in the latter for around 1/2 a second before disappearing so I have no time to delete them.

Since the spam service is now blocking incoming e-mail to his account I have removed the restriction on his KC account.

After a quick look I take back what I wrote earlier, mail performance is spotty. I am sure that item 2 above is related to the problem.

•  
clan

Are you sure this are the same 8 mails? If delivery fails the mail should not be sent again immediately, usually retires are done after 30 minutes, so this sounds more like a mail loop. What do the logs say?
Stopping the SMTP service may give you the chance to delete the mails from the queue

[Updated on: Tue, 06 October 2015 11:50]

•  
pchernoff

I was able to fix the problem by shutting down KC properly (on a Mac opening the System Settings and doing a shut down from there). It took a few minutes to shut down and when I started KC there were around 50 emails processing, including the 8 mentioned, and all disappeared.

I knew it was the same 8 messages because 7 of them had no sender or subject but 1 of them had a sender and subject and I kept seeing that one appearing is either queue.

I am still being mystified by some things. For now I am only allowing the user to send/receive to others on the KC server and that is keeping things calm. Even though I blocked incoming e-mail at the spam service and the server and firewall are set to only allow incoming mail to come from the spam service, it appears that these bounce messages were getting through to KC server. So I got to review all of that. But even with these changes this user's mailbox is still growing, though much slower rate, and e-mails I've deleted of his seem to be reappearing in his inbox.
Previous Topic: Restrict Local Message Communication
Next Topic: Preferred Mail Address and Delegates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 11:57:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.