Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect Multi-Server » Multi-Server wish list
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
We have about 350 users, 1TB of mail store, 3 sites, and significant performance issues. I believe the KC/MS will help resolve them. If not, it's either an all-SSD SAN, or switch to Exchange, neither of which is a desirable alternative to me. I really hope that significant effort is going into the development of version 9.x of Multi Server, especially the installer.

My wish list is actually pretty short, because I can't even get one Vm to install without failing in an epic fashion. When run, the installer should:

• Prompt for host name
  • Prompt for network domain name
  • Prompt for IP information: address, mask, DNS, gateway, etc. pre-fill from DHCP if desired, but let me over-ride the values!
  • Test to make sure it can get out to all the repositories it needs. If not, report which ones and try the previous step again
  • Prompt me if I want to enable SSH
  • Prompt for e-mail domain name
  • Ask me which server this is -- puppet master, back end, etc
  • Prompt for admin password

There's probably more, but I won't know until I can get at least a test system running.
Previous Topic: Sharing experiences for a proper hosted installation
Next Topic: Directory Server setup question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Apr 26 15:42:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.