Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Shutdown kerio Control 8.5.1 by schedule (Shutdown kerio Control 8.5.1 by schedule)
  •  
Viperred

Send a private message to this user
Dear all

I installing kerio control 8.5.1, in my situation i want to kerio server shutdown every day at 9 AM,

Is their any fitur or tips dan trick to shutdown kerio by scheduling ?

because in kerio old version , i can shutdown the server using windows schedule and now kerio control 8.5.1 using linux.

Thanks

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Is there a particular reason you need to do this?

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Viperred

because in my office electricity will turn off every night at 9.00 . So i need to schedule the kerio to shutdown every 9.00

is there any trick to shutdown the kerio every 9.00 night?

thanks
  •  
valshare

i am in the same situation
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

From another system, you can run a script that uses remote login (SSH) to the Kerio Control system and issues the "poweroff" command.
By default SSH access is not enabled. Instructions for enabling remote login via SSH are available in this article http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/server-configurati on-kerio-control/modifying-parameters-in-kerio-control-confi guration-1745.html

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
  •  
Viperred

Dear Brian,

Thanks for the information..

I can login with a shell alt+F2 from the main kerio control..

but when i want to install cron_3.0pl1-128_i386.deb (Cron is the schedule shutdown for debian linux),

and there is no dpkg (linux package manager) on kerio control 8.5.1, how can i install without dpkg ?

Is there another way to install cron_3.0pl1-128_i386.deb on kerio OS ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 09 October 2015 05:39]

•  
Viperred

Dear Kerio Support,

Please help me to install cron(schedule tools for linux ) ,

i find information about how to install cron not using dpkg (linux package manager), using (cron-3.0pl1-32.tar.gz)tar.gz ,but when i try to extract the tar.gz ,there always an error call : invalid gzip magic ?

what linux version and distro that kerio used ?

and i can't copy or make dir on etc/ or usr/local ?

how can i extract the file ? and how can i install the cron if there is no folder that can be write ?

Please solution for the issues kerio control support
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

There are two supported and recommended ways:

1. login via SSH and run shutdown command:
ssh root<_at_>192.168.56.102 "shutdown"

2. use Kerio Control API to power off the system

Third option is to mess up with filesystem and try to install cron like daemon. That's not recommended because the root filesystem is mounted read-only and you must have advanced Linux experience to make it work. You can take cron package from Debian Jessie (i386), download and extract files on some Linux system, then copy cron binary to Control (ie. to /var) and make your own startup script in /etc/boxinit.d. That should work in theory.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Viperred

Dear Mr Pety dobry,

For number 1 i'm try to make this command "shutdown 21:00" but the time no function at all (kerio immediately shutdown)

For thrid option is there any information to unmount ready-only file system ?

Thank you

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

shutdown command does not have any parameters, it shutdowns immediately. What you want is to put whole command ssh root<_at_>192.168.56.102 "shutdown" in cron on some other server and trigger it at the time you want.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 October 2015 09:52]

Petr Dobry

•  
Ednaldo Soares

Petr,

I did not understand where I change, would help me.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 October 2015 14:13]

•  
Viperred

Dear Mr Pety dobry,

so i really need install cron (schedule for linux), but when i want to install cron i can't copy anything, how do i unmount ready-only file system ?

and why kerio control does not have scheduling shutdown ?

I think there is alot people need this feature,

Please kerio support help us solve this problem..

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2015 03:34]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Viperred wrote on Thu, 29 October 2015 03:33
so i really need install cron (schedule for linux), but when i want to install cron i can't copy anything, how do i unmount ready-only file system ?
You can install second server (or virtual machine or anything with Linux) and schedule that shutdown via SSH there.
Messing up with the read-only system is not a good idea and all changes you make will be overwritten with next Control upgrade.

Quote:
and why kerio control does not have scheduling shutdown ?
Kerio Control is designed to run 24x7x365. I rare occasions when someone needs to poweroff or restart the appliance, he can use Webadmin, Control API or SSH access to do so.

Quote:
I think there is alot people need this feature,
I don't believe that's true. In over 10 years of product's history, you're the first one to ask for such feature.

Petr Dobry

•  
Viperred

Petr Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 29 October 2015 09:37

Messing up with the read-only system is not a good idea and all changes you make will be overwritten with next Control upgrade.

But I really need Cron (schedule shutdown) to be installed on kerio control, or there is another way out for this situation ?

Quote:
Kerio Control is designed to run 24x7x365. I rare occasions when someone needs to poweroff or restart the appliance, he can use Webadmin, Control API or SSH access to do so.

Yes u right i can do power off from ssh or webadmin, but what i need is schedule shutdown, and i already try using this command "shutdown 21:00" but the time that i add not function at all, kerio control immediately shutdown

Quote:
I don't believe that's true. In over 10 years of product's history, you're the first one to ask for such feature.

When i create this topic, there is user : valshare that in my same situation , you can scroll up this topic,
maybe there is alot people that using kerio and need schedule shutdown but they don't create topic in this forum because they can using vmware and schedule shutdown from windows, but in my situation ,i have to buy a license to using vmware, and my company don't want to pay more, cause kerio is expensive, so i really need a solution for this situation

Anyway thanks Petr Dobry (Kerio) to answer my question, if you have a friend that working in kerio as engineer or support, please invite them to this topic , and we can discuss this together and find a solution

Thank You

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2015 02:51]

Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Why don't you use another computer and schedule that SSH command there ?

Petr Dobry

Previous Topic: And Two Content rules
Next Topic: Pi-Hole ad blocking
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 20:48:19 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04256 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.