Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » user authentication
  •  
maxphyx

Send a private message to this user
Hello
I have a kerio connect in which, clients have to authenticate through Web interface in order to access internet.
the problem is , they can use a "username / password" for several computer.
in other word they can use Username1 from Pc1 , Pc2 and . . .
I want that a username can only be used from one computer.
and I don't want to assign a ip address to every user in kerio
please help
sry for my bad English

• Attachment: q.jpg
    (Size: 69.02KB, Downloaded 161 times)
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

As I understand, once a user authenticates from device A, you want to prevent that same user from authenticating from device B. Why is it necessary to prevent a user from authenticating on a second device? Please provide more details about the scenario.

As a solution, you could use automatic login by MAC address to associate a user to a specific device. Then block access to the web authentication interface to prevent users from authenticating from any device.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
maxphyx

Hi Brain
tnx for the reply
Yes , **Login restrictions (1 device per user)**
This is important for the Company, clients must not share their username and password for the sake of traceability !!!
anyway,unfortunately, I found that kerio control not capable of doing that Sad
And it is second on-demand feature which customers requsted in kerio control !
just click on "suggest Idea..." in kerio control dashboard. You will see it Smile
plz vote for it Smile
  •  
maxphyx

@Brian Carmichael
Your solution is not applicable, because I cant use automatic login, they are using different devices, clients changing all the time, and every access should be granted through a working procedures. It will be very very time consuming to manage all those MAC addresses , ask everyone about it, check in DHCP . . . and assign a username to it Neutral
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Yes, I am aware that this is a highly requested feature, however the purpose for such a feature is not clear. Based on your response, I understand that in your environment users are sharing their credentials with others. In what type of environment have you deployed Kerio Control, and why are your users sharing their credentials to other users?

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
maxphyx

Hi, I am working in a General contractor to participate in the specialized oil, gas and petrochemical industries. We provide following services:
• Project Management
• Engineering
• Procurement and . . .
the most important things in these companies are thier datas.
employees in my company doesn't have internet access because of the strict policy of the company.
anybody who wants to access to the internet, request for the permission, after the permission is granted , we give him/her a "username and password" . but clients keep sharing this. and people with no request , no permission can access to internt. this is ONE of reason why we need this feature. there are more ...
Previous Topic: Bandwidth Management / Limit Per User or Per IP
Next Topic: Update 8.6.2 Active Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 00:36:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.