Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Custom Rule for all users
  •  
Seaqu3st

Send a private message to this user
Is is possible to create a custom filtering rule, and apply it to all users?
Our SPAM messages are blocked, with no notification, but I can create a filtering rule to add people to, to advise them they are blocked
I would like to set this up in the admin, so that it can be applied automatically to all users.

Is this possible to do?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Brian,

You cannot create a rule in Kerio that pushes out to all of the users filter rules in WebMail. However you can create server side custom rules:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/antispam/creating-custom-rules-for-spam-control-in-kerio- connect-1174.html

This feature allows you to create rules on the server that applies to all incoming email so it would cover all users, however it does not send out a automated response.

In Kerio Connect 9.0.0 we are adding a new message filter which should allow you to block an email at the server and send out a custom notification.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Seaqu3st

Yes. That answers the question, pretty fine.

On the new version, will it be able to cover a range of email addresses (rather than copying the rule several times over)?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Brian,

I cannot promise anything at the moment as 9.0 is still in the beta/RC phase so things are subject to change.

Currently in the RC you could send an auto reply to anything that gets marked as spam on the server or from a certain domain or email address. So I would wait for the final version to come out and then have a play with the new server side rules and see what is going to work for you.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Seaqu3st

that's fine.
I don't want to send a reply to everyone that's marked as SPAM.

We have some emails from suppliers who bang away at promotions, etc even though you ask them to stop.
So, I'd put them into a custom list (for users on our domain) to tell them they're in the spam list now, and no emails are being received.
Hopefully that will entice them to stop sending crap (especially if they're emailing invoices from the the same domain) Smile
Previous Topic: Account Assistant - Cannot connect on port 9900 or 443
Next Topic: Spam issues - false positive
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 09:05:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01119 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.