Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call Routing - SIP provider with no permanent number
  •  
sincho

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I am trying out to add a SIP provider to the Kerio Operator.

I'll use the provider only for outgoing calls and I do not have a permenant number from the provider.

I am adding a new SIP interface from the Call Routing menu. Entering the server, username&password info to the fields.

Since there is no external number provider from the provider I am leaving it empty.

The interface successfully registers(!), gives no error.

When I try to call a number, after35 secs. of waiting the line drops and it doesn't call.

I've tried my credidentials on Zoiper and it works!

1) How can I exactly know if Operator successfull registers trunk to the SIP?
2) Where should I look to solve this issue?

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The "register" checkbox is unchecked, thus the interface doesn't register. It probably doesn't matter because registrations are usually needed for inbound calls.

The best way how to debug this is to start a packet dump, make an outbound call and then analyze the dump using wireshark. Look for a SIP INVITE packet sent to the provider.

Some more useful information should also be in the warning log and error log.

•  
sincho

Thanks for the swift response.

Yeah I've unchecked the "register" checkbox on purpose. If I check it, it gives a warning that the "interface is not registered or configured. Refresh to see if its temporary..."

When the call is dropped the following lines are from the warning log.

[15/Oct/2015 16:31:05] asterisk[1125]: WARNING[1150]: chan_sip.c:3651 in retrans_pkt: Retransmission timeout reached on transmission 0a9ec7fc3d3f6a5f5f5201515481bc36<_at_>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060 for seqno 102 (Critical Request) -- See https:/ /wiki.asterisk.... AST/SIP+Retransmissions#012Packet timed out after 32001ms with no response
[15/Oct/2015 16:31:05] asterisk[1125]: WARNING[1150]: chan_sip.c:3680 in retrans_pkt: Hanging up call 0a9ec7fc3d3f6a5f5f5201515481bc36<_at_>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060 - no reply to our critical packet (see https: /wiki.asterisk /AST/SIP+Retransmissions).

I'vent tried the wireshark yet.

•  
sincho

I see such error in the error log when I click the "Registrar".

[16/Oct/2015 11:41:42] Cannot generate sip interface with empty number if registration is enabled

As I said before I do not have a number from the provider!

I've talked with my provider and they don't see a registeration request from our side to their server.

How can I establish to register the trunk without a number?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2015 10:54]

•  
sincho

Issue solved. It turned out that there was a catch in the my firewall settings for the connection error. Thanks again:)
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator with Grandstream GXW-4008
Next Topic: Version Upgrading
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 21 01:37:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.