Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Traffic with Apple Notification Service (Problems with traffic rules that allows traffic to APNS.)
  •  
Andre

Send a private message to this user
We are installing a software application that requires a connection to Apple Notification Service.
This is being blocked somehow.

APNS uses ports 2195, 2196 and 5223.
Its IP range is 17.0.0.0/8.

I created a traffic rule to allow it but I am not having any success.

Origin: any.
Destination: any.
Service: TCP and UDP 2195, TCP and UDP 2196, TCP and UDP 5223.
Action: allow.

This is not working.
Do you know what I should be doing?

--
Andre
  •  
ksnyder

Have you used the "Test Rules" button in the upper-right of the Traffic Rules page to test this and see which rule is being applied?

Also, from Status-->Active_Hosts-->Connections tab, you should be able to select your host and observe which traffic rule, service, source ip, destination ip, source port, and destination port you're attempting to access.

Start with Test Rules & Active Hosts report. If you need additional insight, time to dig into the log files.

Also look into whether you've got routing issues that may require NAT. Once you get it working you may want to button down the Origin & Destination a bit.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2015 18:43]

Ken Snyder
  •  
Andre

Thanks ksnyder!

Once I activated NAT and host balancing, it worked like a charm!

Of course, we can restrict now the origin and destination IPs.

--
Andre
Previous Topic: Virtual Network Hyper-V
Next Topic: Is it possible to specify local VPN gateway IP address in IPsec tunnel mode??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 16 15:23:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.