Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » The operating system is not presently configured to run this application (Got this after updating to office2016 and kerio 8.5.2 and later (even with newest update))
  •  
mrgenie

Send a private message to this user
Any idea how to solve this?
uninstalled kerio and office 2016 twice already, restart, etc..

but the problem remains.

I also used MS fixit to completely remove all of office 2016.

I reinstalled office 2013, and there the problem is indeed gone..
then uninstall office 2013 and reinstall 2016 again.. problem back.

any idea?

this is not with the server software, but with kerio outlook connector offline edition

another sys admin told me he had no clue what this means..

•  
  •  
ksnyder

oops.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2015 17:46]

Ken Snyder
  •  
mrgenie

Yes, I did google it. I don't see how this helps me. Kerio doesn't use the OST file does it?
  •  
ksnyder

You appear to be having an Outlook and Operating System issue rather than a Kerio issue. OUTLOOK uses .ost and .pst files.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Introduction-to-Out look-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-6d4197ec-1304-4b81-a17d-66d4eef3 0b78

Ken Snyder
  •  
mrgenie

I'm sure you're right. It's what you get when upgrading MS software!

Anyway, usually someone at kerio knows how to deal with issues, even non-kerio issues. That's why I'm asking.

But with new OS and new outlook...

will try some more myself and if I can't find it, contact MS tech engineers.. they been helpful before and I'll post the findings here online

•  
ksnyder

Also, be sure that your Kerio Connect server has been updated to v8.5.3.

Ken Snyder
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mrgenie wrote on Thu, 15 October 2015 17:37
Any idea how to solve this?
uninstalled kerio and office 2016 twice already, restart, etc..

but the problem remains.

I also used MS fixit to completely remove all of office 2016.

I reinstalled office 2013, and there the problem is indeed gone..
then uninstall office 2013 and reinstall 2016 again.. problem back.

any idea?

this is not with the server software, but with kerio outlook connector offline edition

another sys admin told me he had no clue what this means..

It means that there is old Kerio Outlook Connector version installed with Office 2016. Please install Kerio Outlook Connector 8.5.3, which brings support for Micrtosoft Outlook 2016.
  •  
mrgenie

According to Outlook, when I click the "Kerio Connect" on the right of "view" in Outlook, it says: 8.5.3.5082
also the updater service seems to be the latest.

Server seems to be latest as well.

I tried MS Office configuration analyzer tool 2.1 (which only shows warnings about long loading times of 1.6 seconds) nothing else
I tried some other MS diagnostics for office and windows files as well..

problem remains Sad

Guess this is one of those:" nothing else left but to reinstall the whole damn PC"

I made a baremetall backup of the system after I did the last time a full system installation (clean windows 10 release install) so I guess I can use that and start reinstalling all software from there.

•  
mrgenie

Ok.

I manually deleted all kinds of office folders of which I know they are rebuild and thus harmless to delete.

after this, the error first is gone.

what I did notice, the contacts have their pictures still.. but not the same as on the kerio server.

but no error thus far..

now I CHANGE 1 Picture on the server per webmail, and after this, I get the error notification in outlook: Error, the operating system is not presently configured to run this application on the client PC.

so, my best shot at the moment, outlook has a cache somewhere.. and this cache seems to be corrupted.

googling still where such a cache might be..
  •  
ComputerBudda

I recently had an issue with Outlook not opening excel files and discovered this hidden cache.

http://www.technipages.com/outlook-cant-create-file-error-wh en-opening-attachment
  •  
mrgenie

although there was no indication this error was related to kerio.

Nothing worked.

I got the admin to reindex the mailbox.

seems to be working now

[Updated on: Fri, 16 October 2015 03:25]

•  
SBMT

Same here, same exact error.
Removed Kerio Connector and re-installed
Removed the Kerio Outlook cache (Appdata\Local\Kerio) and re-synchronised the mailbox

...all without fixing the error.

Windows 10 64-Bit, Office 2016 64-Bit, Kerio 8.5.3

Some feedback from Kerio would be appreciated.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

SBMT wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 10:07
Same here, same exact error.
Removed Kerio Connector and re-installed
Removed the Kerio Outlook cache (Appdata\Local\Kerio) and re-synchronised the mailbox

...all without fixing the error.

Windows 10 64-Bit, Office 2016 64-Bit, Kerio 8.5.3

Some feedback from Kerio would be appreciated.

Are you sure your Office 2016 is 64-bit?
How was the Office installed? From Office 365 downloaded installer or another way?
SBMT

Thanks for the quick reply,

Yes, Outlook is 64-Bit

I have Office 2016 Professional Plus, downloaded from MSDN and activated with a MAK key.

It was installed via the ISO (mounted in Windows) and by running setup from the setup64.exe from the mounted ISO.

Previous Topic: Copy and Paste in Webmail
Next Topic: See e-mails from all Kerio Connect users in network
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Apr 29 15:22:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.