Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A lot of concurrent connection to one mailbox at one time (How to optimize concurrent work with one mailbox from different PCs?)
  •  
billybons2006

Send a private message to this user
I have several mailboxes (and 3+ free to use mailboxes). But style of communication between our managers and our clients forced us to use in general one common mailbox (7-10 Outlook|Thunderbird + 10 iPhone, each uses IMAP SSL) with 300000+ mails (a log of GBs...). If I shutdown almost all of them and just add new mailclient to sync mailbox (e.g. setting up new laptop), all others stop working normally until I sthutdown currently syncing client.

What we try:

1. We update our server and this time use SSD disks so IO is not problem.

2. I devide one mailbox mail<_at_>domain.com (out mailbox known for our clients) which recend mails to two mail.office1<_at_>domain.com and mail.office2<_at_>domain.com, but it is not very useful, because of everybody must see mails from each other.

3. Connect new client from slow speed internet connection (in order to not think that current client just overload channel).
_____

As I think, at one time only one mailclient can work with one mailbox (may be due to locking some files like .journal.db at the root of mailbox).

Which settings (may be not via GUI web console) can I use in order to increase work? Or it is impossible to optimize concurrent work with one big mailbox?

May be you know tips about this problem? May be there are simple answer with some kind of shared folders from different mailboxes or something like this?
Previous Topic: 8.5.3 - "Server Error. Failed to load shared folders"
Next Topic: Calendar Sharing not working for SOME user accounts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 16:25:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00754 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.