Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing List: GAL and alias
  •  
Kerio Blue

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Is there a way to add mailing lists to the Global Address List (GAL)?

A second question: can an alias be added for a mailing list? (I see it can be done for groups.)

Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can create an alias for any email address in Kerio Connect (including mailing lists). See http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/accounts/creating-aliases-in-kerio-connect-1123.html

GAL is automatically populated only with user mailboxes and groups with email address. But you are free to add any other contact to the public contact folder.
  •  
Kerio Blue

Thanks Pavel!

Just to make sure I got it right:
- I add the mailing list manually to the public contacts folder, i.e. the user who is allowed the administer public folders?
- When creating aliases I also have to enter the email address for the mailing list manually? [Mailing lists do not show up when I click select (in Accounts -> Aliases)].

Previous Topic: Android Security Settings ActiveSync
Next Topic: Migrate 2 KerioConnect Servers together
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Apr 28 23:48:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00717 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.