Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » VPN Client Access in China?
  •  
tbridge

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the Kerio VPN Client for traveling staff in China? Does it survive The Great Firewall?

Best,
Tom
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Not 100% sure. It would be great if anyone in the forum community has traveled to China within the last 30-days and can chime in to share their experience. It seems that the Chinese government is cracking down very heavily on VPN usage as a means to access foreign websites and services.

See TechCrunch article from last month: http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/07/china-continues-its-crackdo wn-on-vpn-services/

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
PWLJim

We have had a really hard time using our office VPN to connect back to our Canada office servers from our China office over the standard public internet. You can deal with this if you have enough money to buy a circuit that off the Chinese public internet, but it's not practical for most small businesses. I've heard that some of the services like TeamViewer might work better, but have not tried them. We just want to be able to do what we do in/from other countries with the tools we have in place. Sorry I can't be more help. but I thought I'd share that you are not alone.

•  
pym

Yes, VPN it work from china to Canada

every city I travel at China it works
  •  
ICT and Me

As far I know is IPsec and Kerio's own VPN possible.
I do business with a company in China and we have used VPN connection.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
KCAP

We use the kerio vpn tunnel everyday, there is a kerio-vpn between our office in china and europe.
The kerio client is also used regular to connect from a laptop traveling in china to our office, this is still working.
Till now this vpn is working, some other connections will fail after some time when the great firewall gets its hands on it...

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2015 22:14]

Teun
KCAP [NL]
Previous Topic: VPN Server behind Kerio
Next Topic: Hyper-V ISO-Setup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 22 07:10:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01024 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.