Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator Provisioned Phones (Not showing the correct IP)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to update the IP address shown in Operator? For example, I ran into a really weird issue: one of my customers remote sites lost Internet during the night. The following morning, all of their phones were orange (Cisco SPA504G). I reset the VPN tunnel (between two Controls) and restarted telephony but to no avail.

I then logged into one of their phones and changed the IP to static and assigned an IP. The phone rebooted and came online! Why? Furthermoe, the Operator box still has the original IP it provisioned on. How do I update this as I think Operator is trying to send packets to the wrong IP address.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

phones register to Operator approximately every 90 seconds. The IP address which Operator displays on the Extensions screen is the address from which the phone last registered. Operator uses this address when calling the phone or when receiving a call from the phone.

The IP address on the Phones screen is the address the phone last fetched configuration from. Phones do this upon boot and some of them also periodically, usually once a day or once a week. The address is used by Operator to send resync requests to the phones. The requests are always requested by the administration. Calling functionality is not affected at all.

Filip
  •  
nhoague

This makes sense. Thank you for the quick explanation!
Previous Topic: Version Upgrading
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.4.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 04:33:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.