Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SSL/TLS domainfactory Port 25/465 relay smtp server (Result: delayed, Status: 4.4.2 No greeting from remote host, Remote-Host: sslout.df.eu)
  •  
lordofdarkness

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I am still working on this error. I want to send my emails through an email account from domainfactory (df.eu).

I am using the following values. They are working great.

Relay Server Hostname: sslout.df.eu
Relay smtp-server --> Authentifizierung
User: asdfasdf<_at_>asdff.de
Password: asdfasdfasdf
Authentifizierung: SMTP AUTH Command
Port 25
smtp/client option --> SSL/TLS

But due to security I want to use port 465 with ssl/tls. If I put the port to 465 I get the error message:
Result: delayed, Status: 4.4.2 No greeting from remote host, Remote-Host: sslout.df.eu

Can anyone give me a hint, how to solve this?

Best Regards,

Heinz

[Updated on: Wed, 28 October 2015 15:52]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

It seems that this host does not allow connections over that port. Have you tried port 587? You can check the mail log to see if messages are sent using SSL when you were using port 25. Most likely it is using TLS over port 25 and it's not necessary to use another port.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
clan

According to Domain Factory's website using port 465 to connect to sslout.df.eu is correct. They also mention that you can use STARTTLS on port 25. Both connections are secure.
Does Kerio even support sending on port 465, with SSL enabled from the start?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect uses SMTP with STARTTLS for email delivery (including relaying or forwarding). SMTPS is not used by Kerio Connect for sending emails out.
  •  
clan

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 29 October 2015 16:38
Kerio Connect uses SMTP with STARTTLS for email delivery (including relaying or forwarding). SMTPS is not used by Kerio Connect for sending emails out.

So the answer to Heinz' question is: you cannot use SSL on port 465, but need to use STARTTLS on port 25. Which is secure enough and supported by Domainfactory.
Previous Topic: two accounts in outlook
Next Topic: OS X Server web proxy and Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 07:04:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01222 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.