Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar Sharing & Outlook 2016 for Mac
  •  
rvgulik

Send a private message to this user
We are testing Kerio Connect 8.5.3 and we run into issues with calendar sharing on Outlook 2016 for Mac.

1. We can add a user whom can share somebody's calendar but only as a reviewer. If we want that user to only view Free/Busy Time it show nothing and the account is gone.
2. If we set it up as an reviewer and we make an appointment private it doesn't show in the Outlook calendar but it does show on iCal as an Private event.

Why are there no more properties to setup calendar sharing?

•  
rvgulik

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

The basic problem is that Connect rights don't have such fine granularity like Exchange ones. So the rights are converted to "nearest lower" set of the rights. So as you said, the minimum reasonable access level is "Reviewer". Free-busy is available even without access rights (e.g. when you plan a meeting, you can see free-busy of attendees). I strongly recommend to use Connect Client for setting access rights.
The private meetings are not displayed in Outlook despite we return them in the response, it's probably Outlook intended behaviour (same as with Exchange).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
rvgulik

If i use the Connect Client to set access rights you mean the webclient? If i do this through the webclient i can share the calendar but i can't set the rights.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Yes, I mean a new webmail. You can share the calendar there and use 3 predefined sets of access rights (Reader|Editor|Owner). For detailed info please see

Or you can use delegation, which allows to send messages on behalf of other user and manage his calendar:

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Delete emails in the inbox
Next Topic: Monitor Mail Queue Lenght by SNMP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:54:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.