Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spam messages, how to train Bayesian (Need to train messages which are in SPAM )
  •  
it@texconoil.com

Send a private message to this user
I have my server rejecting messages over a certain spam score, and forwarding them to a spam<_at_>mydomain.com address. When I find a false positive in the spam mailbox, how do I train the Bayesian filter on it? It is an attachment to an email, it's not in a spam folder that I can move to inbox to train.

Thanks as usual!
  •  
ksnyder

Hi Chris. Just thinking about this a bit. For the false positive(s), if you were to read the contents of the emails - do they sound "spammy"? I wonder if you truly want to "untrain" those messages if the content and language is such that the majority of the time you'd want to catch it. Instead, would it perhaps be more desirable to simply whitelist the sender?

Ken Snyder
  •  
it@texconoil.com

I have been whitelisting the senders, and you're right. I'll check to see if they do sound spammy.

Thanks!
  •  
MarkK

Two options come to mind.

1 - Whitelist the sender's email address or domain in Admin.

2 - Look at the headers and see what is hit to add the score up to the spam level. Maybe you need to adjust something in the spam rules, either in Admin by creating a rule that adds a negative (-) score, or adjusting a score in Spam Assassin. Spam Assassin is designed to be customized for your particular installation. It is not hard to do, if you are interested in taking better control of your spam processing, and can yield amazing results.
Previous Topic: admin custom rule - edit only spam rules
Next Topic: Mac Outlook / sync problem when deleting sent items
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 02:10:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.