Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Debian 7.x to 8.x upgrade and Kerio Connect
  •  
mstjohn1974

Send a private message to this user
I am planing on upgrading our Kerio Connect 8.5.2 Server currently running Debian 7.9.
Did someone of you already did this and are there any culprits I need to be aware about?
Should I upgrade Kerio Connect to version 8.5.3 before or after the Debian upgrade?
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Michael,

You should not need to upgrade to Kerio Connect 8.5.3 as support for Debain 8 cam in Kerio Connect 8.5.0 so you should be fine to upgrade with 8.5.2 installed.

I have not had anyone contact us in regards to issues upgrading from 7 to 8 but we always recommend to our customers/users to always run a backup of Kerio should anything go wrong.

Also if you upgrade to Connect 8.5.3 after the upgrade if there are any depencies missing that are needed the upgrade should tell you which ones are needed to complete the install.

I hope this helps a little.
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
Preexo

I am also planning to update from Debian 7 to 8 soon, a bare metal backup and data backup are being done every day anyway, but I would like to avoid any difficulties in advance. What's the Kerio suggested way of upgrading the Debian? Anything else apart from the normal: https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/c h-upgrading.html ?

@mstjohn1974: How did you go in the end?
Previous Topic: Browser Tab
Next Topic: Can an admin grant/revoke user A access to user B' mailbox, calendar or contacts ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Mar 28 12:03:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00955 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.