Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Impossible to see contact Name on Snom phone
  •  
ovana

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
someone tried such SNOM phone with Kerio operator?

When the contact is in the address book of the SNOM phone, name does not appear on the phone screen.
The name appears with a cisco phone and also on a softphone

Thanks for your help

[Updated on: Wed, 04 November 2015 06:30]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I don't think snom phones are capable of looking up numbers in the address book.

Best,
Filip
  •  
Mika-SIN

^^Can anybody confirm this?^^

Sorry to raise this topic.

A tech from the Snom support told me that Snom phones can lookup Contact name from the phone's address book. We talked about Snom phones with Asterisk.

Many thanks,
Michael
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

It appears you have more information on the subject than I do. Did they tell you how to turn the feature on, or should it work out of the box?

I tried it back in November when ovana asked the question, and my phone displayed only the number. It was possible to turn on displaying a name from the SIP From header. The phone didn't look anything up using its internal directory.
  •  
Mika-SIN

Hi Filip,

Well Snom support just told me that Snom phones can both lookup name in LDAP directory and internal address book during an incoming call. It will prioritize LDAP first then internal apparently. Only info I got.

I tested also, via connecting Operator to my Connect LDAP server for the provisioned phones, but phones still cannot match the name with the incoming call number.

Here is my Snom 720 display settings:
http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/01/1452009945-snom-720-display-settings.png

The results:
http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/01/1452009945-20160105-154201-resized.png

While the contact for this phone number is correctly registred in both LDAP and internal directories.
See bellow:
http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/01/1452010229-contact-from-webadmin.png
http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/01/1452009945-contact-from-phone-address-book.png

Here is the SIP log:
Received from udp:192.168.94.25:5060 at 5/1/2016 15:30:49:386 (1180 bytes):

INVITE sip:12<_at_>192.168.94.20:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.94.25:5060;branch=z9hG4bK6bb1df87
Max-Forwards: 70
From: "6****9432" <sip:06****9432<_at_>192.168.94.25>;tag=as3ab2b653
To: <sip:12<_at_>192.168.94.20:5060>
Call-ID: 11abfe88288ca4ac592b78b91ed04461<_at_>192.168.94.25:5060
CSeq: 102 INVITE
User-Agent: Kerio Operator
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 14:30:50 GMT
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
Supported: replaces, timer
Alert-Info: <http:>;info=operator-external
P-Asserted-Identity: "6****9432" <sip:06****9432<_at_>192.168.94.25>
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 488

You will also more logs of the phone in attachment.

Am I doing something wrong?

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I can't really help you much as I am not a snom support person.

Your findings exactly match mine. I remember setting the "Number Display Style" to Name+Number, I also had entries in both LDAP and the local directory. I was able to look the number in both directories to dial it out. Unfortunately, when a call came in, all I could see was data from the SIP INVITE packet.

A funny thing is that if you create a contact in the phone's directory, assign it to a group for example "Friends" and then assign a different ring tone to that group, then when calling in, the phone will ring differently. So the phone does find the contact in the address book, but doesn't display it on the screen.

From my point of view the feature is either broken, or something else has to be configured on the phone to display the information.

One last thing, if you use Kerio Connect as the LDAP server, the feature won't work. The implementation of LDAP in Connect is not complete and searching is currently possible only by name and email address, not by phone numbers.
  •  
Mika-SIN

Thank you very much for your time Filip!

I have also found the same funny thing regarding different ring tones for groups. Something must be broken somewhere with the displaying names... Assuming that it works with Asterisk (I did not test it) it should works with Operator, right?

I will try to reach Snom support or at least their forums. And I will keep you in touch if you are curious and also to help others Kerio's partners.
  •  
Mika-SIN

I got a solution from Snom support.

You have to set "prioritise_asserted" to Off in the XML phone. Apparently Snom phones are looking for the P-Asserted-Identity header first by default which conducts to a bad behavior. So now my phones are able to match the number from my internal address book contact name Smile They still cannot lookup from my LDAP directory tough, but I guess this something about using Connect as LDAP.

I hope this will help someone.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Great discovery, thank you for sharing!

Searching in Connect currently does not work. However, better times are coming, the next major version of Connect is going to support it.
  •  
ovana

it works perfectly well but only since the 8.7.5.35 firmware.
Thank you again Mikaƫl
Previous Topic: Sprachausgabe im Operator ersetzen
Next Topic: Call routing with multiple SIP Trunks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 22 04:57:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.