Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP Question
  •  
x2dml02

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I am trialing kms 6.01 with intention to deploy it in a 20 client domain. It is exactly what we are looking for, however we are having trouble with the SMTP config. With our current settings we can send emails internally to each client. We can receive external emails with pop eg from sales<at>microsoft.com. When we try to send an email to an external account they get bounced with messages similar to the following: 550-unrouteable mail domain "gscoffice". The current setup will however send an email to and external hotmail.com account without problems. Does anybody have any suggestions for what to look for in the settings or could you help me in setting it up correctly. I have looked at the examples in the help file but they were not of any help. Our internet access is through our LAN and is connected constantly. I am new to working with SMTP so any help would be great. Links to previous posts or other web pages would also be helpfull.

Thankyou in advance,
Kevin
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I think you need to setup a relay SMTP server

you can do this at "Delivery Queue"
you should set it the SMTP Delivery to "Use relay SMTP server"
and then fill in the SMTP server of your ISP.

if you realy want to use the Deliver directly option
you need to have a DNS name registered (eg. rharmsen.nl) cause at this moment you are using "gscoffice" as internet name (this can be changed at the Domains page)

hope this helps
  •  
Iassen Hristov

Also, make sure your client is setup to authenticate to SMTP.

You can easily check if this is your problem if you try to send an e-mail
to an external address using the web interface.

--On Monday, September 13, 2004 8:51 AM +0200 "RHarmsen.nl"
<Robin<at>RHarmsen.nl> wrote:

>
> I think you need to setup a relay SMTP server
>
> you can do this at "Delivery Queue"
> you should set it the SMTP Delivery to "Use relay SMTP server"
> and then fill in the SMTP server of your ISP.
>
> if you realy want to use the Deliver directly option
> you need to have a DNS name registered (eg. rharmsen.nl) cause at this
> moment you are using "gscoffice" as internet name (this can be changed at
> the Domains page)
>
> hope this helps
>
>

•  
x2dml02

Hi,
thankyou for your replys. I have "SMTP delivery" setup to use a relay smtp server using my isp details. It still sends to hotmail but won't send to the likes of sales<at>microsoft.com. The emails appear to be sent now, but they never arrive at the external account. There are no failed report in the mail log but there are mail_queue.cpp errors saying it cannot find a file for mime parsing. I have reinstalled with the same results.

I have only been using the web interface as it is the best alternative for our setup. As I say I'm new to this so could you please explain how to make sure my client is setup to authenticate to SMTP.

Is there an alternative to using SMTP to send emails to extrnal accounts?

Thankyou both for your help
Kevin
Previous Topic: Webmail Date Missing
Next Topic: NOD32 support problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:07:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.