Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook connector: public folders gone missing
  •  
oligo

Send a private message to this user
I have Outlook 2016 with KOC 8.5.3 on Windows 10. I used to be able to see public folders that another user had shared with me and with all the other accounts in the employees group (mail, calendar & contacts public folders).

Yesterday, in order to perform some tests, I uninstalled KOC and deleted the associated account in Outlook. Then I reinstalled KOC and recreated the account. However, when I went to the "Other mailboxes" tab in the KOC account properties and I checked the "Enable public folders" box, after seeing the "testing public folders availability" message for a couple of seconds, I got back an error saying that "Public folders of account <myaccount><_at_><mydomain> are the same as account '' and will not be added to the profile".
The wording might be a bit different (my system is in French, so I had to translate this message), but please note how it seems that Outlook is stuck with a '' account (presumably the one I deleted yesterday?). As a result, public folders are not showing up at all.

I already tried:
- removing the account, uninstalling KOC and removing the AppData/Local/Kerio directory, thein reinstalling and recreating the account
- restarting Outlook several times
- rebooting
- in the online Kerio Connect Client settings, unchecking all folders from synchronisation, saving, synchronizing in Outlook, then rechecking them, saving, and synchronizing
- in the online Kerio Connect Client, logging in as the owner of the public folder, unsharing it, then resharing it.

All to no avail.

Any idea how to get out of this situation?
Thanks, regards
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Your Outlook profile is probably damaged, KOC account wasn't probably correctly removed and its public folders are still part of the profile. Unfortunatelly there is no way how to remove them now.

You need to create new Outlook profile with Kerio Outlook Connector and either set is as default, or at least allow to choose profile when Outlook starts. No other action is necessary, it will be created automatically with enabled public folders

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
oligo

I see.
This is a serious issue for users like me though, as in order to use Kerio Connect I have to start from scratch with a new profile, and since my profile contains a fair amount of other accounts, some of which have folders containing several gigabytes of data, creating a new profile is messy enough that I'd rather give up on Kerio than go through that. I strongly suggest addressing this kind of issues in your forecoming development.
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

This issue occurs when you uninstall KOFF first and then you try to remove KOFF account from the profile. Next time try to remove KOFF account first, so KOFF can perform all custom steps necessary to be fully removed from the profile.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
oligo

A-ha: that's exactly what happened. I will add to our internal documentation that the order in which to uninstall KOC is account first, KOC second. It would be useful to have a link to this instructions in the KOC knowledge base page as well.
Previous Topic: The discontinuation of the old webmail in KC9
Next Topic: End of Life for 32-bit operating system support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 16:03:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.