Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem Downloading
  •  
idarmadi

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

We are using Kerio WinRoute Firewall 5.1.2. Since 2-3 days we are experiencing downloading problem. We can't download at all. Either "Connection was reset by server" by the end of downloading, or the download re-starting after it finished the download (looping).

Please advice of what's the problem. I thought that it was caused by WinRoute's build in proxy server, but after I turned it off, we still have the same problem.

It was running well for months.

TIA

id

p/s: the reason of why we don't update to 5.1.7 is that it was running well without any problem.
  •  
zhangmeibo

I think you are use a mcafee built-in version.If you use built-in anti-virus,ftp clients can't download files from ftp server,error message is "Connection was reset by server".
You can disable built-in anti-virus ,then download can work.
  •  
idarmadi

Thanks for the tips.

However, we are not using McAfee AV version. We did try some thirdparty AV to work with it, but it didn't work out, so we set it to no-antivirus.

I found out if I turn off the proxy setting, and clear the cache, then the problem dissapear.

So I'm now using SquidNT instead of KWF's proxy. Anyway, I think Squid is better.

:)

re,
id
  •  
zhangmeibo

hoho...
I haven't used squidNT,so I can't decide which one is better.

what is the latest version of squidNT?
Could you tell me ?
  •  
idarmadi

You can get Squid Cache at http://www.squid-cache.org. I'm using the latest version.

Ideally, I would prefer to have an all in one application (DNS, DHCP, Proxy, Firewall), but after awhile, u will eventually find something that will be more suitable for your need.

re,
id
  •  
zhangmeibo

hi,
I don't find Squid Cache for NT version in http://www.squid-cache.org. Is it only for linux & unix ?
  •  
idarmadi

It is originally made for linux.

Then it was ported to Windows NT/2000. The link is hidden somewhere in that website.

You can find SquidNT in :
http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT/

Beware, however, that it doesn't come with fancy user interface. Rather you do all the setting via an '.ini' file. Just like the "config.sys" in the good old days of DOS. :)

Regards,
id

[Updated on: Mon, 29 December 2003 04:37]

•  
zhangmeibo

HI,idarmadi,very thanks!
I had download it ,and I will study it for use.
Could you give me your e-mail ? If I have some problem I will ask you .
My e-mail account is zhangmeibo<at>yahoo.com.cn.
  •  
zhangmeibo

Hi,Idarmadi
I have used squidNT.But I find it only can work in proxy mode , could it work in NAT mode ?
thanks!
  •  
idarmadi

It is a proxy server. I use SquidNT as a replacement for WinRoute's proxy server.

In my opinion (and others), WinRoute's proxy server is not that solid.

For 'routing', I'm still using WinRoute Firewall.

If you want to email me directly, my email is idarmadi at yahoo.com.
  •  
zhangmeibo

Because proxy-mode'configuration is taken more time than NAT mode.So I only use NAT-software :(
I had sended a mail to idarmadi<at>yahoo.com,do you recieve it ?
Previous Topic: Internal error with KWF
Next Topic: AOL page error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:05:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.