Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.2 is out
  •  
jshaw541

Send a private message to this user
Can someone be a guinea pig and try it out and let the rest of us know how it goes? :-D

http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kms/

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
jonbrain

Just installed it on OS X 10.3 server.

First impressions are good. Speed in Outlook seems better.
  •  
nina802

KOC never worked for me including 6.0.2. I never see the spam button.
  •  
cyberknight

I have KMS server on Windows 2003
I haven't notice speed improvements, at least not noticeable.

I had a problem when installing the upgrade that KMS 6.0.1 couldn't be stopped. It worked by deleting mailserver.exe from the running processes. All went well the second time. So I think it's best to stop KMS 6.0.1 manually before upgrading, rahter then through the installshield.

I have noticed that a bug with Categories under Contacts in KOC is still not solved :-(
  •  
jimf

Just installed on W2K Server.

Outlook and webmail speed seem better.

However Outlook still cannot sort by Categories (which makes this useless for generating mailings to clients or prospects since we track those as categories)

Mac Entourage v.X still does not display public contact folders. I don't know about whether these folders will appear in Mac Entourage 2004 - we don't have it.

Overall, its an improvement but still not ready for prime time. Hopefully it won't be another month until the next release :(

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 21:38]

Jim
  •  
lindsay

jimf wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 04:37

However Outlook still cannot sort by Categories (which makes this useless for generating mailings to clients or prospects since we track those as categories)

Thats bad, its the killer for us - that was the one bug fix we really wanted, all the other s could have waited, except maybe for the mapi send mail improvements, we were having problems with that.

I'll install it anyway, but going to have a hard time justifying continuing our trial,

I thought the categories fix was promised for 6.0.2 ?
  •  
sonofcolin

jimf wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 14:37

Mac Entourage v.X still does not display public contact folders. I don't know about whether these folders will appear in Mac Entourage 2004 - we don't have it.

Stick with v.X as 2004 doesn't work at all as an Exchange client! No mail folders except 'Junk.' Calendar items do sync, but irrelevant if you can not send or receive mail. IMAP works fine.
  •  
lindsay

Installed server & connector on our test machines. W2K and Outlook 2K throughout.

The Good:
- Definately seems faster, snappier marking of folders read etc.
- Sending seems much better, emails with attachments were sitting in the outbox forever. Thats not happening now.

Show Stoppers:
- Cannot sort on categories.
- Cannot Group on anything
- Cannot Create or Modify views

The Bad:
- Two of our users get a GPF when clicking on "Outlook Today", I suspect its due to the large (> 2000) messages they have stored in subfolders under their inbox.

Given the show stoppers I not sure why the connector is considered out of beta - its unusuable for our users.
  •  
lindsay

Looks like I spoke to soon re the sending of email. I had a 3 line internal message sitting in my outbox refusing to send until I exited outlook and re-entered.
  •  
lindsay

More Good News: Previously we could not import one users folder as it crashed every time, it imports fine now (4000 msgs !) Probably the "Crash if no date header" bug fix.
  •  
sonofcolin

[quote title=sonofcolin wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 18:52]
jimf wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 14:37

Stick with v.X as 2004 doesn't work at all as an Exchange client! No mail folders except 'Junk.' Calendar items do sync, but irrelevant if you can not send or receive mail. IMAP works fine.

Update: Managed to connect as exchange client to KMS 6.0.2 with Entourage 2004, but only after turning off secure authentication. It only works with HTTP, not HTTPS.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

lindsay wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 01:12

Installed server & connector on our test machines. W2K and Outlook 2K throughout.

The Good:
- Definately seems faster, snappier marking of folders read etc.
- Sending seems much better, emails with attachments were sitting in the outbox forever. Thats not happening now.

Show Stoppers:
- Cannot sort on categories.
- Cannot Group on anything
- Cannot Create or Modify views

The Bad:
- Two of our users get a GPF when clicking on "Outlook Today", I suspect its due to the large (> 2000) messages they have stored in subfolders under their inbox.

Given the show stoppers I not sure why the connector is considered out of beta - its unusuable for our users.

I'm sorry, but nobody reported this bug from previous versions to our support department. We know only about non-working grouping. I see you already did this today.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jimf wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 20:37

Outlook and webmail speed seem better.

Nobody reported yet.
Quote:

Is Entourage able to display these folders? I think Entourage can display only e-mail type of public folder.
Quote:

Overall, its an improvement but still not ready for prime time. Hopefully it won't be another month until the next release Sad

•  
sophos9

The issue with strange shaped windows opening in webmail when trying to view an email in XP SP2 has been resolved... What a result

[Updated on: Tue, 14 September 2004 08:48]

jimf

Quote:

Is Entourage able to display these folders? I think Entourage can display only e-mail type of public folder.

If Entourage cannot support public contact and calendar folders then this should have been spelled out in the KMS 6 setup documentation. Right now the implication is that Entourage will have the same functionality as Outlook with the connector. If this is not the case, then it should be made clear exactly what Entourage will access.

Coming from a strictly IMAP setup, we have no experience in house with Exchange, and therefore do not know what Entourage is capable of in this environment.
Previous Topic: What Spam Log? 6.0.2
Next Topic: Personal forms in Outlook not useable?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:44:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.