Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control and Hyper-V cluster VM migration (Problem with network adapters re-detection)
  •  
azhur

Send a private message to this user
We have cluster of 4 servers with Windows Server 2012 R2 hypervisor running.
One of VMs running on this cluster is Kerio Control 8.3.1 build 2108.
And this VM have one specific problem with network adapters and VM migration:
If I migrate this VM from one cluster's host to another - all works fine until VM reboot.
But after reboot VM discovers new network adapters|interfaces instead of old ones.
And Kerio Control not function properly until I manually re-configure new interfaces with valid IP, mask e.t.c.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?
  •  
azhur

Send a private message to this user
Looks like I found source of the problem and workaround to solve it.
Source of problem:
By default, at Hyper-V all NICs are created with dynamic MACs, and they change on server-to-server migration of VM (and maybe in some other cases).
And for KC new MACs = new NICs => default NICs settings.
Solution - assign static MACs to all NICs of Kerio Control virtual machine.
Previous Topic: Bandwidth policy question
Next Topic: Internal Communication blocked
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Feb 24 11:41:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00757 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.