Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Time quota for users?
  •  
dempie428

Send a private message to this user
Can you set time quotas for users with Kerio Control?
  •  
ksnyder

Currently, quotas are defined for either the settings in the domain template or an override that you put in place for a user(s). The quotas themselves are based on data/traffic per user on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Quotas are not based on actual hours or minutes of usage.

You can set daily/weekly/monthly quotas and use time range definitions in conjunction with one another to set QoS and Bandwidth Management policies though. See attached screen-shot. In the depicted scenario, rather than fully blocking a quota violator, you simply restrict their bandwidth during business hours.

./fa/4107/0/

Ken Snyder
  •  
dempie428

Thanks for your reply. But what I am looking for are quotas based on time of usage. As I understand this is not supported in Kerio Connect v8.6.2.
I wonder if it will be available in version 9. Or are there any plans to implement time quotas in the near future?
  •  
ksnyder

I understand (and understood) what you were looking for and attempted to clearly explain the product's current capabilities. You've not explained a use case that would give the community at large something to work with and perhaps get creative and help you out. Nor is there anything in the way you phrased the question that would give any product manager incentive to add/prioritize such a feature. You've left everyone guessing as to what you might want as your end result and why "time" is your preferred metric over the standard measurable data metric.

Can you please offer a use case? First impression is that this is asking for trouble/backlash. Am I dinged for "usage time" if I take a make a 30 minute phone call and leave my browser open? How do you propose that "time" be calculated? What's the advantage of adding this to the quota metrics vs the current capabilities. Help us help you.

Ken Snyder
  •  
thahn

we have a little bit the same problem. in our case we host 3 TB of documents for a customer on a specific IP address. we search for a daily limit function: 100 GB per day without limits, 100 - 1000 GB only with 1000 KB/s and for all over this case only 100 KB/s.

thanks in advance, thomas
Previous Topic: WPA2 Enterprise/RADIUS Feature Request
Next Topic: Load Balancing questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 08:47:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00941 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.