Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Edit sieve rules in Kerio Connect Client (Instructions for available commands in "edit source" mode for mail filters)
  •  
irow

Send a private message to this user
Does Kerio publish a KB article or instructions for the available functions in Kerio Connect Client's Filters rules? I am trying to use the somewhat standard Sieve mail filtering language; however, Kerio does not seem to process the functions as some other clients might. Is there any publicly available information about how to "edit source" in the mail filter pages (both in Connect Client and the admin interface)?

Specifically, I'd like the following rule to work (which will provide some sort of integration with a third party mail filter):

if header :contains "X-Spam-Status" "Yes" {
fileinto "Junk E-mail";
stop;
}

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 14:54]

•  
ksnyder

KB http://kb.kerio.com/1204 has some pointers for editing the client-side Sieve scipts. There *may* be some limitations as you seem to have concluded. [Can someone verify?]

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 17:18]

Ken Snyder
  •  
irow

Thanks for the link, I've seen that before. I'm hoping that Kerio will publish a document that lists the available functions/references/symbols/variables that are available for writing custom sieves. I am particularly interested to know whether Kerio does not parse certain headers or content as part of it's sieve implementation.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 17:30]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

irow wrote on Tue, 24 November 2015 14:53
Does Kerio publish a KB article or instructions for the available functions in Kerio Connect Client's Filters rules? I am trying to use the somewhat standard Sieve mail filtering language; however, Kerio does not seem to process the functions as some other clients might. Is there any publicly available information about how to "edit source" in the mail filter pages (both in Connect Client and the admin interface)?

Specifically, I'd like the following rule to work (which will provide some sort of integration with a third party mail filter):

if header :contains "X-Spam-Status" "Yes" {
fileinto "Junk E-mail";
stop;
}

This rule should be processed correctly by the server. Provided you want to use X-Spam-Status header and not more common X-Spam-Flag. It depends on message header content.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

irow wrote on Tue, 24 November 2015 17:22
Thanks for the link, I've seen that before. I'm hoping that Kerio will publish a document that lists the available functions/references/symbols/variables that are available for writing custom sieves. I am particularly interested to know whether Kerio does not parse certain headers or content as part of it's sieve implementation.

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3028.txt covers probably whole functionality of Sieve filters used in user mail filters.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
irow

Thanks, Pavel, that is very helpful. It's always nice to see Kerio implanting industry standards, it is one of the platform's great strengths over other software out there. It appears, however, that the rule is not parsing correctly. Here's a header from an example SPAM message that I would like to have hit the sieve, one possibility is that the sieve is confused because there are two X-Spam-Status headers (one by Kerio, the other by our third party scanner even though I have "enable spam rating" disabled in Kerio admin):

Return-Path: <amazon_customer_appreciation<_at_>ftedx.cmaix.top>
X-Envelope-To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.0 required=5.0
tests=TOTAL_SCORE: 0.000
X-Spam-Level:
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1])
by XXX.XXXX.com with ESMTPS
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256 bits))
for XXXXX<_at_>XXXXX.com;
Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:43:29 -0600
X-Greylist: greylisting inactive for XXXXXX<_at_>XXXX.com in SQLgrey-1.8.0
Received: from ftedx.cmaix.top (unknown [64.110.24.195])
by XXX.XXXXX.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3F81B1201AA
for <XXXXX<_at_>XXXXXX.com>; Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:43:21 -0600 (CST)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:51:37 -0700
To: <XXXXX<_at_>XXXXX.com>
Content-Type: text/plain
Mime-Version: 1.0
Foppish: 19343847z1934384781b3dab9e9d97a972c66255e83fb91fc20186629
From: Amazon Customer Appreciation <Amazon_Customer_Appreciation<_at_>ftedx.cmaix.top>
Message-ID: <81b3dab9e9d97a972c66255e83fb91fc.19343847.20186629sjwanta<_at_ >baillonthome.com>
Subject: {Spam?} Update: Don't Let Your Amazon Points expire
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-Information: Please contact admin<_at_>XXXXX.com for more information
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-ID: 3F81B1201AA.A9C93
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA: Found to be clean
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
score=6.391, required 4, BAYES_99 3.50, BAYES_999 0.20,
DCC_CHECK 1.10, KAM_ASCII_DIVIDERS 0.80, RDNS_NONE 0.79,
SPF_HELO_PASS -0.00, SPF_PASS -0.00)
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-SpamScore: ssssss
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-From: amazon_customer_appreciation<_at_>ftedx.cmaix.top
X-BTJW-MailScanner-EFA-Watermark: 1448984603.39907@QrVF4RslRwaZZoPeTtlYIQ
X-Spam-Status: Yes
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 9.0.0 Old Web Client
Next Topic: x32 to x64 Conversion Help Please
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Mar 24 07:12:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01036 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.