Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » duplicate entry with aliases
  •  
igardais

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm having troubles with aliases.

I have a user 'gardais' with principal address gardais<_at_>exemple.com
If I add an email alias through Edit User->email addresses then both addresses are distinctly visible from the calendar web view when inviting the user (Same user, same name, different emails)

If I add the alias thought the Alias pane (alias XX to be delivered to gardais<_at_>exemple.com), then only one entry is visible on the calendar web view.

Why is the user shown twice when adding a secondary address ?
Shouldn't the calendar view when creating a new meeting only display unique users, instead of listing all their email addresses ?

Thanks,
IG
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is listing all email addresses uniquely assigned to the user. Alias is not unique (it can point to multiple users, groups or mailing lists). Also alias has no full name.
  •  
igardais

That's what I don't get : when I create a meeting, I want to invite a user, not an email address.

I mean, I don't care if the user has 4 differents email addresses, I want to invite him, whatever email address he is using.
Thus listing all email addresses of a user clutters the screen with too much informations.

For you this is an expected behavior ?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2015 15:15]

•  
DuaM0Syh

Yeah, this has confused our users too. We would like to accept mail for several addresses forwarded to the same user, but only have one address show up in the searches. (and, ideally, if mail comes in at one of the alternate addresses, rewrite it on way in, so everything gets pushed to the same format.) We had this setup in straight postfix by playing with canonical and alias maps. Is this something we could perhaps implement with the new filters? Don't know if they have the flexibility to rewrite headers.
  •  
MarkK

What Pavel means is Alias email addresses are VERY flexible.

Bob@company.com can also have Alias1@company.com, Alias2@company.com, Alias3<_at_>company.com all be delivered to him.

BUT, at the same time,
Alias4@company.com can be delivered to John@company.com, Sam@company.com, Jane@company.com, Fred@company.com, Bob<_at_>company.com, etc.

What if you wanted to invite the Alias4 group, then you would have to only pick the Alias4<_at_>company.com email.
  •  
igardais

Sure.
But in the documentation, « pure » aliases and « secondary addresses » are presented equals.
It looks that they are not.
  •  
DuaM0Syh

Yeah I'm specifically talking about the emails added under "Email Addresses" in the users dialog. IT would be great if we could specify one for all mail to get rewritten to. So we could have bob@example.com, bsmith@example.com, and bob.smith@example.com all be accepted as valid, going to bob, but when searching, you only see bsmith<_at_>example.com instead of all three addresses. It makes setting up email filters a pain.

I'm not talking (in my comment) about aliases. for lists, or whatever.
Previous Topic: Same ActiveDirectory for two different domains
Next Topic: Searching by "Unread" or "Attachment" in 9.0?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 29 04:01:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.