Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Active sync very slow (Active sync to iphone takes hours when calendar item created via a shared calendar)
  •  
iangutteridge

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I have recently managed to set up shared calendars on our system. All users using Kerio Outlook Connector and Outlook. All users have iPhones with Active Sync installed with data being 'pushed' to the phones.

However, it can sometimes take 1-2 hours for appointments entered on calendars in Outlook to appear on anyone's phone. This seems to be particularly so when entries are made or edited via a shared calendar and the entry is made by a 'sharer' rather than the main calendar 'owner'.

Can be very frustrating if appointments are altered whilst you are out of office as this has on occasions led to changed appointment times being missed

Is there a way of speeding up the 'sync rate' from the server to phones?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, iPhones are quite bad in working with shared calendars. Nevertheless, it should not take hours to sync the data. I would start with verifying how fast is the synchronisation from Outlook to server (eg. by viewing the calendar in Kerio Connect Client) and then enabling Activesync debug messages in debug log to see when the change is downloaded to clients.
Please note that if the calendar is shared with many users, some users may exclusively lock access to the folder for a very long time (especially if they manipulate data over very slow cellular connection).

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
iangutteridge

OK, got me there! I can see the debug log but how do I "enable ActiveSync debug messages"?

I have 'test' appointments set up throughout this afternoon on Outlook, Kerio Client, shared calendars and on the iphone and some 3-4 hours later, not one of them has sync'd to or from the iphone. I have turned everything down to only 1 sharer on a calendar. Network speed isn't an issue - 20Mb wifi & 4G on the phone. Even closing down all running versions of Outlook to make sure no-one has 'locked' a calendar makes no difference.

If ActiveSync is genuinely "...quite bad..." working with calendars then it is next to pointless having it in the first place. It needs to work reliably or we need to know it doesn't actually work at all!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

iangutteridge wrote on Thu, 26 November 2015 18:40
OK, got me there! I can see the debug log but how do I "enable ActiveSync debug messages"?

I have 'test' appointments set up throughout this afternoon on Outlook, Kerio Client, shared calendars and on the iphone and some 3-4 hours later, not one of them has sync'd to or from the iphone. I have turned everything down to only 1 sharer on a calendar. Network speed isn't an issue - 20Mb wifi & 4G on the phone. Even closing down all running versions of Outlook to make sure no-one has 'locked' a calendar makes no difference.

If ActiveSync is genuinely "...quite bad..." working with calendars then it is next to pointless having it in the first place. It needs to work reliably or we need to know it doesn't actually work at all!

Right click in the debug log.

I said that "IPhones are quite bad ... with SHARED calendars". Because ActiveSync was not designed for multi-calendar and iOS client sometimes goes crazy (eg. accepting events and putting them to wrong calendar when two shared calendars (of two users) contain the same event).

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Im running KC 8.4.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
Next Topic: are kerio mail server depend on Cisco firewall or not
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 00:44:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01044 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.