Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail Mini Kerio Connect 9 not possible?
  •  
Breakstuff

Send a private message to this user
On Monday I have installed the new Kerio Connect 9 on our server.
Now some users have trouble with the webmail interface. Because its not possible to enter the webmail mini form.
Any idea how to solve?

I have already tried this:
https://mail.example.com/webmail/login/?mode=mini
but it's not working :/

Best Regards
  •  
Zdenek Samuel (Kerio)

WebMail mini has been completely removed from Kerio Connect 9.0.0.

Zdenek Samuel
Director of QA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
philstone

Any hope of bringing it back - I use it a lot for troubleshooting issues when out and about..
  •  
MarkTTU

I am concerned about this as well. I have one customer who is old school and likes to use a browser to check email even on his phone. Upgraded to 9 last night and first thing this morning he's telling me he can't check mail on his phone anymore because webmail mini is missing. I need some kind of resolution QUICK!
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

The release notes dating back to November 18th clearly state that Webmail Mini is being discontinued. We urge everyone to fully digest the release notes prior to upgrading in order to avoid unwanted surprises.

At the moment you have two possible quick resolutions:
- downgrade to the previous version of Kerio Connect that your customer was using
- engage in a short training session with this customer/user to bring them up to speed on how to use the phone's native email/calendar/contacts apps in conjunction with Kerio Connect

It's possible that both options will consume the roughly the same amount of your time.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
MarkTTU

Agreed, I should have fully read the release notes, but I didn't.

I upgraded because a webmail crashing problem for another customer was supposed to be solved in v9 (per Kerio support).

The first user doesn't have the option to use the native apps on his phone because his phone is owned by his employer and he is not able to use the apps.

Rock and a hard place... I can downgrade and make webmail mini work for the first user and break it again for the second or leave it as it is and leave webmail broken for the first user and potentially fixed for the second.

Must admit I'm like philstone, I personally liked being able to do troubleshooting right from my iPhone's browser. This is a significant step backwards for anyone who's not a large organization with an IT budget that includes someone sitting in an office 24/7.
  •  
philstone

Good to see I'm not the only one.

Surely it can't be that hard for Kerio to instate mini webmail?

Or even make it mobile friendly.
  •  
acq@ghi-dc.org

I also have at least 2 users who would like to keep using Web mail mini. Web mail mini was an exceptionally good product, extremely useful when on a slow connection.
However, it is much more regrettable that there is now no alternative for smartphones except the build in clients (or a third party client). Kerio itself could remedy this if they would come out with a Kerio Connect app for all smartphones (Kerio already has an app for Android). To make this a stronger point: some people like to keep private and business email accounts separate. Such an app could also be tighter integrated with the email server and allow for more management options.
  •  
Breakstuff

Quote:
WebMail mini has been completely removed from Kerio Connect 9.0.0.

Why?
Will the next update make the webmail more mobile screen friendly?
Because now it is not useful....
  •  
MarkTTU

I have another customer who is in Africa right now and could massively benefit from a super simple mini type of interface. Calling the internet connection he has available to him slow would be generous and he is reporting that on a full blown computer using full blow web browser the new webmail is even slower to load than the old.
  •  
aifdsc

I have also run into some issues with various users who used to use Mini sporadically. This tends to come up if a user needs to temporarily review emails from a different device, such as when a battery runs out. A mobile-optimized version of the Kerio Connect Client would be very valuable for this scenario, and the scenarios mentioned by the other posters in this thread.
  •  
MarkTTU

At this point it seems obvious Kerio has no interest in returning a lightweight web client to Connect. With that very unfortunate news fully digested by yours truly does anyone have any suggestions for a mini/simple/lightweight web mail interface that will work with Kerio? Alternatively any suggestions on alternatives to Kerio? This one is quickly turning into a deal breaker for me.... I really don't want it to be, but I've got a rock and hard place with one user who needs v9 to have things work right and another who can't use v9...
  •  
aifdsc

I just started looking into this today, having upgraded about a week ago, but I would suspect that some CSS/HTML tweaks could be made to the provided Connect Client to make it more mobile-friendly. I was going to start investigating that later this week after checking into any other possibilities as well.
  •  
MarkTTU

Aifdsc, if you come up with anything would you be kind enough to post it here too? Thanks in advance!
aifdsc

MarkTTU, you got it. I will keep this thread updated with anything that I find. I did a preliminary check on the HTML/CSS involved and there's quite a bit: 410KB of CSS and 2,600KB of JavaScript. This project, if I go this route, may take slightly longer than I had originally anticipated Smile
Previous Topic: Move from Exchange to Kerio, fix Access/Outlook VBA
Next Topic: Issues with Signatures Kerio issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 14:47:08 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02783 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.