Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Missing MAPI-Properties? (MailItem.ReceivedByName )
  •  
SigiK

Send a private message to this user
I have an AddIn for Outlook, which processes Emails from different folders.
To differ between incoming and outgoing mails MAPI-attribute RECEIVED_BY_NAME is used which normally contains the name of the account through which the mail was received.
With Kerio MailServer, this attribute is empty, however.
My question:
When I use the Kerio MailServer and process mailitems from outlook-folders, how can I distinguish between incoming and outgoing mails? Note that the folder does not say anything about the type of emails!
THX FOR HELP !
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

I can imagine 2 types of outgoing mails:

- mails not yet sent: Check property PR_MESSAGE_FLAGS, these mails have bit MSGFLAG_UNSENT set.

- mails already sent (I suppose this is what you want to know): This is much more complicated.

Messages sent from Kerio Outlook Connector (or other Outlook services, however saved to Sent Items of Kerio Outlook Connector) contain the property PR_PRIMARY_SEND_ACCT.

Unfortunatelly it is not true for messages sent e.g. in Kerio Connect Client. Nevertheless there is other solution. Get property PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS. This is a copy of message's MIME headers. Any message delivered to Connect should contain MIME header "Received". Such header shouldn't be present in outgoing messages.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
SigiK

No, i only want to know, if it is an incoming or an outgoing item.
Checking PR_TRANSPORT_HEADER for the Content "Received:" seems to work for this - Thank You!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 09:27]

Previous Topic: iPhone inline attachment
Next Topic: Send Mail with different FROM adresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 05:11:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.