Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Send Mail with different FROM adresses (NO1 voted feature. 17000+ hits on dutch FAQ page)
  •  
Tuxis

Send a private message to this user
Problem:

User has one account (and only wants one account. Why need more?).
Users uses Webmail (connect client). Account name example<_at_>domain.com
In settings > email the user can set a default from and reply address. test<_at_>gmail.com will work.

A nice drop down is shown with the 2 addresses when you start typing a new mail.
It all works fine. The servers even sees that it should not sign with DKIM.

I would like to be able to fill the dropdown with more addresses.
Since sending from test<_at_>gmail.com works fine, why does it take so long to build this?

Suggested solution (give user more accounts and delegate) does not work and is not practical because:
- Delegation between domains does not work.
- It is not always possible to add the domainname to the server (gmail is a good example)

And let us worry about SPF problems (that will occur when you use gmail.com in a sender address but we really need it for domains that we are in control of anyway)

The votes (1300+ so far which is a LOT because most users don't vote)
http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/161327-kerio-connect-web-cl ient/suggestions/3197111-send-mail-with-different-from-adres ses
  •  
bmdv

•  
paduser

•  
clan

What is wrong with adding secondary addresses to the user? I am not sure, that allowing arbitray addresses chosen by the user is a good idea.
  •  
Tuxis

@clan

That you can only add one address and that address is the default after that.

If adding addresses has to be done by the administrator would be fine to.
See attachment for a good location.

FYI: I tested it by removing the domain restriction in the admin and it worked btw.

And why shouldn't a user be able to do that? They can use Outlook and ad account with any address they choose. They can even change the address in the connector settings to anything they like. If it is not restricted there, why should it be available in Kerio webmail?

• Attachment: Knipsel.JPG
    (Size: 29.76KB, Downloaded 165 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 10:04]

•  
clan

Tuxis wrote on Fri, 04 December 2015 10:04

That you can only add one address and that address is the default after that.
Interesting, I just added a third address to my user account and can chose it when writing mail in webmail. The address has to be from a domain hosted by Kerio, though.

Quote:
And why shouldn't a user be able to do that? They can use Outlook and ad account with any address they choose. They can even change the address in the connector settings to anything they like. If it is not restricted there, why should it be available in Kerio webmail?

It would allow users to use someone elses email address. I know this cannot be controlled in Thinderbird, and maybe Outlook, or any other mail client, but this doesn't mean to open up Webmail.

But yes, having it setup by the administrator is fine, and might be useful.
  •  
Tuxis

clan wrote on Fri, 04 December 2015 10:15

Interesting, I just added a third address to my user account and can chose it when writing mail in webmail. The address has to be from a domain hosted by Kerio, though.

And that makes it useless. See first post.

Quote:

It would allow users to use someone elses email address. I know this cannot be controlled in Thinderbird, and maybe Outlook, or any other mail client, but this doesn't mean to open up Webmail.

Add a pop or IMAP account to thunderbird. You can fill in any e-mailddress..
And adding multiple accounts is not really a problem and solves this issue. But our customers are not using any mail cleint.
They do want to use the Kerio Connect Client (web mail. Kerio wants us to use the Connect Client BTW) and not all accounts run on our servers but our customers do want all their mail on our servers. One place where they are sure that backups are made.

Real live example:
Customer of us has a company. He uses our Kerio Connect. Has one account with e-mailaddress boss<_at_>a-company.nl

He started an other company with some guys. That company has is own mail server somewhere else. His mail address is almostboss<_at_>b-company.com

So how would you solve this knowing that:
- The user uses the Kerio Connect Client. No Outlook or anything like that. Exactly the way Kerio wants it. Kerio POPS the mail from the b-company.com server.

- 2 accounts in Kerio is not an option. Delegation, which is the only way to realize that he can sent as almostboss<_at_>b-company.com, results in on be halve of sender address. It also does not show the spam folder of the delegated account. He gets an extra calendar. Not all mail is received in the inbox. And yes you can share the spam folder. And now he starts a third company (it happens).. He is becoming the spam folder monitoring expert and which calender to use expert.
In other words, not user friendly, practical and so on.

- We do not want to add b-company.com as a domain to our Kerio en set the "if recipient dos not exist" setting. (would maybe work fine in this example until the MX record change. We are not in control of the DNS of b-company.com. It is a maintenance thing and a bit ugly to use in these cases. We also have to ad an * alias because we don't now the addresses on server b-company.com. Ugly, ugly)

If only you could add sender addresses.

if anyone has the solution, please let us now.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2015 11:22]

Previous Topic: Missing MAPI-Properties?
Next Topic: Migrating Kerio Connect mailboxes to Google Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 22:40:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.