Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mobile devices fail to list for a user
  •  
abucher

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I currently experience the following issue (Kerio Connect 8.5.3):

For one of my users (Manager, what else ...), listing his mobile devices usually ends in a timeout ("Server does not respond" popup, with no devices shown). At the same time, he complains that he doesn't receive mails or updates on his device (an iPhone via ActiveSync). When restarting the Connect service, it works for some time, then it stops again.

What can be done to remediate this ?

Thanks !

Kind Regards,
Andreas

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2015 18:17]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Do you see an ActiveSync connection with very long duration (more than 20 minuutes) in the list of Active Connections on the server? If so, what's the info about the connection?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2015 18:26]

•  
MarkK

How many emails are in his Inbox? On my Android, some of the different mail clients would not sync up, timing out, with the very large Inbox size I have. Using the same client to connect to a mailbox with either no inbox messages or very few, it would work. I would try that first.
  •  
abucher

Hi Pavel,

yes, several of them - in fact, almost all are above 20 min (up to 3:30 h). None of them is this specific user, though.

One is my own BB connection: 0:45h, "Device: Blackberry, Command: Sync"
The other with long durations show the same info.

All others below ~20 min state "waiting ... (keep-alive)", which I guess is normal.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

•  
abucher

Mark,

well, I have to admit - lots. Mailbox size is 25.6GB (with a 26GB Limit), and ~68k items.
(He's manager, and needs "everything available at his fingertips")

Plus, he uses OL and KOC on a bunch of different PCs and Laptops (4 in total), and at least two mobile devices (one via ActveSync).

My next attempt will be to convince him to archive some mails somewhere ... but that's another story. For the moment, I can't help it.

I was wondering if or how that causes the Mobile Devices NOT to be listed ?!
I could imagine that it causes the sync problem - but still, typically the limit is 30 days or so for ActiveSync. Still a problem ?

Andreas

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2015 19:28]

•  
abucher

Pavel,

any news here ?
Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Andreas
  •  
Kedar

What is the CPU load of your server? Does it consume one core? I guess it's a bug which will be fixed in 9.0.1

We discovered it when BlackBerry device tried download many attachments for offline usage (Hub -> Attachments), but it's not limited to this case.

The help is restart the Kerio Connect.
  •  
abucher

According to what I saw, the server load is almost ZERO. Thus I guess, it's the typical windows "IO load" issue (i.e. no CPU load, but the system is dead slow) or something.

Well, that means that the bug was perhaps introduced in the 8.5.x version, because I only recently (before posting this problem) upgraded from 8.4.2 to 8.5.3 ! With the 8.4 version (and the same mailbox size), my users reported no issues.

Anyway, I'll have a look into upgrading to 9.0.1, if there's no other help ...
Previous Topic: Out of office causes accounts suspension
Next Topic: Error log going crazy since installing KC9.01
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 11:34:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.