Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Kerio Operator OVH failover IP
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
This is probably a bit of a long shot, but though I might as well try anyway. I've been running Kerio Operator as a VM under Proxmox for the best part of a year. For the most part it's worked with out any issues and has been fairly stable. I'm in the process of setting up a hosted vm environment to move the majority of our internet enabled services of site.

I've looked into various scenarios, but the initial outlay has always been rather expensive. We recently been playing with some servers from OVH which are quite economical and we are in the precess of setting up 4 servers 3 proxmox nodes and one storage server. The nodes will be across there various data centres so that gives us extra redundancy.

I've got pretty much all our services up and running except for Operator. Currently with OVH a physical sever gets assigned an IP address and then I have a set of ip failover aliases which i can assign to each VM I run under proxmox, but requires some specfic configuration on the VM. So an ubunutu network config would look something like this which is the /etc/network/interfaces file

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address IP_ALIAIS
netmask 255.255.255.255
broadcast IP_ALIAIS
post-up route add PHYSICAL_SERVER_GATEWAY dev eth0
post-up route add default gw PHYSICAL_SERVER_GATEWAY
pre-down route del PHYSICAL_SERVER_GATEWAY dev eth0
pre-down route del default gw PHYSICAL_SERVER_GATEWAY
dns-nameserver 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220
dns-search domain.net

I can enable ssh on the operator VM and get into the VM, the operator install does not appear to have an /etc/network/interfaces file. Is there an equivalent file else were I can manually edit to get my interface working correctly?
  •  
nhoague

Hey there, another Proxmox user, cool!

I don't use Operator in Proxmox as OVH, I installed it using the ISO and built its own VM not a container. I assume you did the latter?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator currently doesn't support single host masks (/32). You must use a broadcast network with a mask of at least /30.

Filip

•  
skeates

I created a VM on my proxmox node and use the iso to install it onto that VM. It installs fine I just can't get the networking to work. I currently use operator in the same way on a proxmox node I have setup in our local office. I just looking at trying to move it out the office into a hosted environment.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Do you get any errors or warnings in the logs?
  •  
nhoague

So when accessing the console of Operator you can't assign it an IP? I'm also using the Realtec adapter and not the Intel version.
Previous Topic: Cisco Phones?
Next Topic: how to configure Follow me to Call cell Phones
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 20:32:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.