Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spam wasn't marked as spam - Why?
  •  
MarkK

Send a private message to this user
Not sure why this email was scored as spam, but not marked as such and handled as such. The forged headers show that I sent it to myself, with the exception of the Received header showing the originating email server's IP address that does not belong to me.

I don't see an ALLOW rule that would of caused it to be delivered to my inbox. Why wasn't it marked and delivered to my spam box?

==Email headers==
Return-Path: <me<_at_>mydomain.com>
X-Envelope-To: me<_at_>mydomain.com
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=5.5 required=5.0
tests=DNSBL_MULTI.URIBL.COM: 1.00,BAYES_99: 4.07,HTML_MESSAGE: 0.5,
T_URIBL_SEM: 0.01,T_URIBL_SEM_RED: 0.01,TOTAL_SCORE: 5.590,autolearn=no
X-Footer: ZGVsdGFiYW5rLmNvbQ==
Received: from [177.200.9.10] ([177.200.9.29])
by mail.mydomain.com
for me<_at_>mydomain.com;
Sat, 5 Dec 2015 06:25:03 -0800
Message-ID: <6EC490F3A26AA7C13B6F0C5D95583EC4@BV40C5M2RRK>
To: <me<_at_>mydomain.com>
Subject: Hi dear!
Date: 5 Dec 2015 08:57:46 -0300
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0012_01D12F57.07F853F1"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 16.4.3505.912
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V16.4.3505.912

==Email contents==
It says you are online... want to talk?

I'm a 25 year old.. I'm desperate for s*x
my username is Natali12

view my pics and profile here
====
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

MarkK wrote on Mon, 07 December 2015 17:46
Not sure why this email was scored as spam, but not marked as such and handled as such. The forged headers show that I sent it to myself, with the exception of the Received header showing the originating email server's IP address that does not belong to me.

I don't see an ALLOW rule that would of caused it to be delivered to my inbox. Why wasn't it marked and delivered to my spam box?
====

Because the email was sent from YOU to YOU and you probably have a checkbox "Trust senders from my Contact" in Spam Whitelist setting in Kerio Connect client enabled. Therefore this email is not spam.
And since you appear to not use neither Sender Policy nor SPF, anyone in the world can spoof your email address as a sender and produce those messages.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
MarkK

SPF in Kerio Admin is turned on and set to Block. I changed the domain name in the posted headers. The Don't use SPF from my IP address group is set, but the email didn't come from that. The setting Always trust senders from my contacts folder is set on, and my email address is listed in there, so that would be why this wasn't handled as spam.
Previous Topic: Domain footer in senders "Sent Items" copy?
Next Topic: Sophos AV bad detect rate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 10:33:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00787 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.