Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Removing a Kerio Exchange Sync account from iPhone (Not Wipe, Not Reset, jut remove the email account)
  •  
thowden

Send a private message to this user
Hi

There must be something that I am missing as I cannot work out how to remove just one Kerio email account from an iPhone.

Yes I tried Wipe which is the same as a Factory Reset (thanks for making that clear, NOT!)

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/mobi le-devices/managing-user-mobile-devices-1307.html

And there is no Delete Account option on the device.

Surely, you cannot seriously ask an end user who is leaving a business to delete everything on their phone in order to remove their email account ?

Can someone point me to the correct instructions as I cannot find any other options.

Thanks

Tony

cheers
Tony

www.wrenmaxwell.com.au

•  
thowden

Hi

I think I can answer my own question.

Use Settings -> General -> Profiles -> Select a Profile -> Delete Profile

This could be added to that product information about managing devices.

cheers
Tony

www.wrenmaxwell.com.au

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

thowden wrote on Wed, 09 December 2015 06:31
Hi

I think I can answer my own question.

Use Settings -> General -> Profiles -> Select a Profile -> Delete Profile

This could be added to that product information about managing devices.

It is in the KB article with guide how to setup the device: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/os-x/configuring-y our-iphone-to-communicate-with-kerio-connect-251.html

Quote:
To remove a profile that has been setup with the auto configuration you will need to go to Settings->General->Profiles and remove the Kerio profile.
  •  
thowden

Hi

Thanks for that feedback, and I appreciate the pointer to that document.

But, I'll stand by my earlier statement that the information about how to delete an account on an iPhone should be included in the topic document on deleting and wiping accounts.

Searching for "how to delete an account" does not return a document or instructions on "how to setup an account".

Even searching for "remove an account" will not find the text "remove a profile", so unless you already know to use the term "profile" and not "account", then it cannot be found.

The issue is that as a learning exercise, "we do not know what we don't know" and it would be helpful to include what I would think is obvious information in an obvious place.

I'd also note that deleting the profile is not the end of it. The email account remains in the mail section, but the issue of having no delete option from the Settings -> Mail etc.. section, is changed as deleting the profile apparently enables the delete button in the email account (at least it did for me on iOS 9.1).

In any case, it is fixed for me and this thread will hopefully help others in the future.

cheers
Tony

www.wrenmaxwell.com.au

Previous Topic: KC 9.0 and Smartphone Compatibility
Next Topic: iphone ios9 showing 3 unread messages on home screen and message list
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 18:46:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.