Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » count active calls into call queue
  •  
link611

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

is there any way, to count active calls into the call queue length?

I want to set at night mode a call queue, where only one (active) call can appear, then the queue should be busy.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2015 14:46]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You could have two call queues, each with different settings for day or night. Then build an auto-attendant script that will send calls to one of the queues based on a time condition.
  •  
link611

yeah sure,

i already have this configuration, but i need in the "night-queue" an option, that only one call can come in, something like queue length 1, but if one of the agents is busy, set queue length to zero.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Well you do not need a call queue for that. What you describe is a single extension allowing one concurrent call.
  •  
link611

well yes, but when a call comes in, all phones in a "queue" should ring simoultaniously, and then one guy needs to answer the call anywhere.

and so, i need a queue right?

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2015 16:52]

•  
ksnyder

Hi Patrick. I think you and Vladimir are on the right track with this. It would be helpful to know more about the night queue, such as:
- Typical number of agents?
- Same agents all the time?
- Preferred ringing strategy?
- At what point is the queue considered to be full?
- etc.

Would a dynamic agent login work (be preferable) for the night queue? Based on your initial query, it sounds like the queue length be set to "At Most: 1"? Do you truly want any additional callers to get a busy signal, or do you want to direct them to an after-hours mailbox (http://kb.kerio.com/907)?

If the one-and-only agent is on another call, do you want to immediately steer a 2nd caller away from the queue (busy signal or direct to VM). OR would it be sufficient to set a fairly tight timeout (15 to 30 seconds, 1-minute, etc.) and THEN play a busy signal or steer them to directly to an after-hours voicemail box? This approach would require the agent(s) to answer calls pretty quickly in an empty queue situation though.

I'm guessing that some combination of the suggestions above will get you to the desired end-result. Let us know.

Ken Snyder
  •  
link611

okay, i will explain:

day-queue:
ext.: 900
strategy: Ring all agents
queue length: 6
Agents: 10,11,14,20,26,18,....

night-queue:
ext.: 901
strategy: Ring all agents
queue length: 1
Agents: 10,11,14,20,26,18,....

the last guy in the company activates night-Mode, this guy is every day someone else and could run around in the building (so, dynamic agent does not work), so all of the extensions have to ring. But that guy, can, for sure, just have one call at the same time Wink, so if he is on phone, and a second call is in the queue all other phones will be very noisy.

So, i need a function something like:
Night-mode -> limit incomming calls to 1.
Or
Night-mode -> if active call -> queue length: 0

•  
ksnyder

Well, I believe a queue length of 0 would mean that no calls could come in at all (if it's even possible to set 0 as a value).

I have 3 suggestions:

1) Could "Directed Call Pickup" do the trick (using a single, perhaps dynamic, agent in the night queue)? This would let the agent pick up their ringing extension from any other phone on the PBX. I understand that this may not be feasible if the agent is running around over a large area and can't hear the designated agent extension ringing because it's too far away - so feel free to discredit the suggestion if that's the case.

2) Could the lone night time agent use the iPhone or Android app to login as a dynamic agent and keep that phone with them while moving around the facility? That extension (registration) could be the only agent in the queue at night. Set the queue length to 1 and exceptions to direct a 2nd caller to busy signal or voicemail if the agent is already on a call. Then the sole agent has the queue with them at all times.

3) Set the queue length to 1. Set the max wait time to 45 seconds. Set the exception/failover for longer queues and longer wait times to go to either busy signal or a voicemail. If a 2nd caller comes in while the agent is busy, they'll ring for 45 seconds (perhaps enough time for the agent to finish the current call and pick up this one). If the 45 second wait time is reached, they'll go to voicemail or busy signal (your choice).

Thoughts?

Ken Snyder
Previous Topic: Connect LDAP searchbase for a specific contacts folder
Next Topic: Cisco Phones?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 10:52:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.