Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Use Instant Messaging accross multiple domains
  •  
patrick.weh

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i have 3 Domains running in my kerio connect server, about 20 users are registered, but they can use instant messaging only within their own
domain. I want them to chat with every user across the whole server without domain limitation, is this possible? I couldnt find anything on google :-/

Thanks
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Patrick,

check KB article Configuring instant messaging in Kerio Connect section Sending messages outside of your domain.

Just enable the option in step 2 and your users can manually add other users from other domains on your server. We do not automatically populate users contact lists with people from different domains. If you need such feature you can vote for already suggested idea on feedback.kerio.com.

If you want to allow your users to chat with people from different domains outside your server, you need also to configure special DNS records as described in KB article Configuring DNS for instant messaging.

Cheers,
Tomas

Previous Topic: Mailing Lists CC's me, is this normal?
Next Topic: android contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Jul 21 22:52:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.