Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » can not update to rel 9.0
  •  
keriohk007

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
actually I have Rel 8.5.3 (5082) installed on a W7/64 system.
Yesterday I tried to make an upgrade to rel 9.0.
I download the "kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64" package from Kerio.
Closed all active connections from the clients. Stopped the actual Kerio-Connect Server.
After starting the "kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64.exe", I saw the install wizard, asking me for the language, after this the wizard was working for ~5 sec. And then closed the windows and nothing more was happening.
Tried to execute as an admin, but same issue.

Now idea any more. Crying or Very Sad
Can anybody help me in that case?
  •  
Think Fixed

I think that you should contact Kerio support to get immediate help with this. This sounds like an urgent issue.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

You do not need to disconnect users or shut down the service to upgrade, those functions are done by the installer. I wonder if the installer timed out because it could not find a running service to shut down, may be worth retrying without shutting the service down first.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
Think Fixed

UnifiedTechs-Brian wrote on Wed, 16 December 2015 10:11
You do not need to disconnect users or shut down the service to upgrade, those functions are done by the installer. I wonder if the installer timed out because it could not find a running service to shut down, may be worth retrying without shutting the service down first.

Good response! I'm wondering why they would stop the mailserver process before updating. There's no reason to do that since the installer does that for you.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
keriohk007

Thanks for your ideas.
But even with running services, there is the same behaviour as described in my starting post.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

keriohk007 wrote on Wed, 16 December 2015 20:33
Thanks for your ideas.
But even with running services, there is the same behaviour as described in my starting post.

What does the installer log say? http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/installation-and-u pgrade/installing-kerio-connect-1124.html

The Kerio Connect installation process is logged in a special file (kerio-connect.setup.log) located in the folder %TEMP%.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
keriohk007

installer log says nothing.
It's about 4,06MB and all in it is from the installation of 8.5.3. about 4 weeks ago.
For testing, I moved it into a different directory, and started the "kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64" again, but no new logfile was created.

I get this infomation out of windows protocol/Application:
Quote:

- EventData
kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64.exe
51a6de39
ole32.dll
55981b9e
c0000005
0007b130
19cc
01d1383c8b9b5aa5
C:\Users\hk007\Downloads\kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
cf06d628-a42f-11e5-9d61-d0bf9c46dc45

[Updated on: Wed, 16 December 2015 21:04]

•  
keriohk007

Hi guys,
got it finally working:

Looking at the logfile in the temp-directory, I saw, that starting the .exe makes a new folder. C:\Users\hk007\AppData\Local\Temp\{5ED61095-C151-4F2A-9DB2-8 ED1D54C32B0}
In this folder the .exe unzipped a few files. Some config-files an a "kerio-connect-9.0.0-291-win64.msi"
I started the .msi and could succesfull update to rel 9.0.0 Laughing
But "kerio-connect.setup" was not updated. Who cares. KMS is running

Looks like there was a break in the routine after unzipping the files and starting the installer.

OMG:
Now he tells me, that there is again a newer release: 9.0.1
Is it worth making the same trouble again?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 December 2015 21:35]

Previous Topic: Problem Outlook 2016 Mac / Kerio Connect Account Assistant Mac
Next Topic: Block EXE in archives
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 21 22:06:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01260 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.