Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Department Voicemail
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
As far as I can tell voicemail is assigned to a user. I'm trying to find the best way to implement voicemail for a number of companies off of one Kerio Box.

I'm in the process of setting up Operator for a client. They are one office, but have a number of different entities within the office. In total there are 5 separate companies with 10 users most users are part of multiple entities but not everyone is part of every entity.

I need get a voicemail box for each entity with it's own recording. The only way I can figure to do this is have a separate mailbox with no voicemail announcement and then set the voicemail announcement as part of an auto attend script which then falls back to the same mailbox for each entity. This would then mean when dialling into the mail box or getting email alerts all users would get notified about voicemail for all the entities which is not ideal. The other issue with this is that if the voicemail message needs changing it needs to be recored then passed to IT to update in the auto attend script which is not ideal.

The other option would be to create a separate user for each entity with it's own mailbox. This would then require an extra five users on the licence.

Anybody got any other suggestions. Ideally a feature to set a voicemail box for a ring group/ department would be the ideal option, but I can't see how to do this. I assume others must need to do the same thing if you had sales, support, accounts and admin department. I can't imagine that you would direct general voicemail to a single persons mailbox.

Any comments or suggestions.

•  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Send a private message to this user
You're on the right track with creating a separate user entity w/ voicemail box for each company. This would require an extra five licenses.

Here's the really bad news about this (joking):

$150 per year for 5 users (mailboxes)
$150 / 5 businesses = $30/year per business
$30 / 12 months = $2.50/month per business

...and that's just the first year! It goes down in subsequent years to less than $1/month per business.

Based on the principles of Opportunity Cost, this seems like the no-brainer. Smile

In all seriousness, I think this is the best solution based on the capabilities of Operator and the licensing. The 5 additional users can be purchased online or from your partner/distributor/reseller/Kerio rep.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: how to configure Follow me to Call cell Phones
Next Topic: Change greeting (Audio) from main menu remotely
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jan 24 18:25:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.