Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Active Directory Extension not working in Windows 10
  •  
scornelissen85

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 on my workstation with Active Directory tools installed. However, when I try to install the Kerio Active Directory Extension, to manage the mailsettings from withing "Active Directory Users and Computers" it says this:
Active Directory for Kerio Connect requires Windows Server or client with server administration tools installed.

Hower I've already installed this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=455 20

It seems that the extension does not work on Windows 10 I guess? Is there some work around for this?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Active Directory Extension installation is tested only on Windows Server.
Is your Windows 10 computer a member of AD domain?

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2015 21:02]

•  
scornelissen85

Yes, my Windows 10 workstation is a member of an AD domain. With Windows 8.1 the extension did work.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 December 2015 07:05]

•  
scornelissen85

Sorry for bumping; just to let you know it still doesn't work with the Kerio extension 9.0.1.
  •  
scornelissen85

I've found a workaround.

1. Download the extension.
  2. Empty your %TEMP% folder.
  3. Start the installer, until it stops (don't close the installer).
  4. Go to %TEMP% it will contain a new folder in the format {9E1CE3A9-4C6F-458B-B52D-AFE7A5AFFF21}
  5. Copy the contents from this folder to another folder
  6. You now have files, including in a folder PRogram Files64, open this folder and it's subfolders
  7. At the end you will find KmsADExt.dll file. Put it in c:\windows\system32 (Or alternative, copy the folder structure to c:\program files)
  8. Open a command prompt with Administrative tasks
  9. Go to where you have dropped the dll-file
  10. Enter this command:
    regsvr32 KmsADExt.dll

If you now (re)open Active Directory Users and Computers, and you find an user which is attached to Kerio, you will find an extra Kerio Connect Account-tab.

Quote:

Note: This solutions works as is, but it is probably unsupported. It installs the DLL that is needed but skips all the checks for supported OS and supported Remote tools.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2016 13:06]

Previous Topic: MailBox migration
Next Topic: Maximum mailbox sizes and what to do about very large item counts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 21:12:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.