Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » problem route table?
  •  
Ufficio IT - Erreà Sport

Send a private message to this user
hi

I have a kerio control with one interface (WAN) with 3 ip (ipwan1, ipwan2, ipwan3) and the same gateway (GW)
obviously in route table there is 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0, gateway (GW), interf. (WAN)
I created a VPN tunnel with another kerio and for some reason connects via ipwan3 and not ipwan1
why?

best regards
  •  
Ufficio IT - Erreà Sport

nobody can help me?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

It probably uses the lowest IP on the interface. If you have multiple IPs on the interface and you want to select which one to use for NAT, you have to specify that IP in NAT rule (http://kb.kerio.com/1318)

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Ufficio IT - Erreà Sport

I tried as you suggested (use nat) but in "active connections" i see always ip orig. ipwan3.
in my case i have in this WAN interface : 5.X.Y.161/28 5.X.Y.162/28 5.X.Y.170/28 5.X.Y.171/28 5.X.Y.173/28
Why kerio control use .171 and not .161 or .173 to connect tunnel vpn?

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

In the traffic rules you can force the IP address to use. http://kb.kerio.com/1318

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

I see that was also included in Petr's reply. Make sure your rule is being used. Check in Status -> Active Connections. There it will show you which rule is used for each connection. Perhaps a different rule is being used for that traffic.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 December 2015 17:09]

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Ufficio IT - Erreà Sport

yes yes... It is using the rule with set the nat
tonight I try to remove the ip 5.X.Y.171 in WAN and see where my tunnel vpn exit!
it is incredible that dns or nat for my pc clients is on 5.X.Y.161 (first ip!)
without specifying that IP out.
  •  
Ufficio IT - Erreà Sport

UPDATE
I tried to remove the ip (5.X.Y.171), restart firewall and magically Smile has taken to get out of the ip default (5.X.Y.161).
Then I added back the ip (5.X.Y.171) but continued to exit the first ip list.
curious behavior. perhaps a bug?
Previous Topic: VoIP phones losing connection
Next Topic: Blackberry 10 VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:08:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.