Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Servers not accessible after hardware switch and software update
  •  
Kerio Blue

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am using a Kerio Control appliance. Over the weekend I replaced the 3110 with the newer 3130. So far it seems as if the upgrade went mostly fine, almost everything works as it did before.
The only issues is that certain servers are longer available from the internet. The servers in question are not critical, however, they should be available at least once in a while.
This is how I had it configured: assign each server a public IP address in traffic rules (destination), next I created port forwarding rules. To make this work I also had to add the public addresses to the WAN interface ('Define additional IP addresses). Unfortunately this setup is no longer working. From the look of it the settings are all there, nothing is missing, nothing changed.
The only thing that changed was the hardware and the the software (upgrade to version 9.0).

I have tried recreating the rules but I had no luck with it. The only thing that is working is changing the destination IP address to the WAN's public IP. However, this solution cannot be applied to all the servers since this cause an error message telling me that rules would be overlapping.

Has anybody had a similar problem before? Where could I look? What needs to be changed? Any ideas?

Thanks.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You should check debug log if there are really additional IPs assigned to WAN interface.

Also SSH to the appliance and output from "ifconfig" would help to determine the reason.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Kerio Blue

The issue has been solved. Apparently the cable modem needs to be reset after a hardware swap.

I can now say that the upgrade was no problem at all. Kerio did an awesome job with this, they made it really easy.
Previous Topic: Control box -winroute.cfg edit
Next Topic: Automatic Login for accounts in Active Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 13:54:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.