Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of office causes accounts suspension
  •  
Kerio Blue

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

For a while we have been issues with Out of Office messages created by Kerio Connect. Connect seems to send OoO messages to mailing list. Maybe those lists are not configured correctly as Pavel Dobry had suggested in an older post ( http://forums.kerio.com/t/12938/out-of-office-to-exclude-som e-senders/). But the sheer number of bounce messages I receive when I turn on OoO makes this a little suspect. However, most of the time this is more an annoyance one can adjust to.

At least for one of my users this a little more than an annoyance. The users has subscribed to a mailing list which treats OoO messages as bounce messages. On this list a bounce message causes a user being bounced of the mailing list (the account gets suspended). In the past we could apply Pavel's solution from the post I mentioned earlier. Since the upgrade to Kerio Connect 9 this is no longer an option.
I worked around this creating an outgoing filter rule on the server discarding all outgoing emails to the particular domain from the user account. Obviously this is not really a good solution since it requires the administrators input, also one does not want a permanent rule deleting all emails to a certain domain. (Using a specific email address might not be advisable either since mailing list providers change sender addresses frequently).

Questions.
Does anybody have an idea how this could be applied by a user (unless I am mistaken user filters only work for incoming emails)?
Could Kerio make the OoO filter rule from the old webmail again available? At least this gave us the option of a less intrusive fix.

Thanks.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Can you provide email headers from those emails from mailing list? It could help.
  •  
Kerio Blue

That is the header from an email I had received. Does it help?

Return-Path: <forwarder<_at_>organization.com>
X-Envelope-To: me<_at_>gorganization.com
X-Footer: Z2hpLWRjLm9yZw==
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1])
by email.organization.com (Kerio Connect 9.0.1) with ESMTPSA
for me<_at_>organization.com;
Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:16:01 -0500
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:16:01 -0500
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?q?FW=3A_=5Brcptn=5D_PM=3A_Gefl=FCchtete_und?=
=?iso-8859-1?q?_Europa=2E_Stellungnahme_des?=
=?iso-8859-1?q?_Arbeitskreises_Au=DFereurop=E4ische?=
=?iso-8859-1?q?_Geschichte_des_VHD?=
Importance: Normal
X-Priority: 3
Thread-Index: AdE0AmGos7IlxbjcQxGpLakrI/247wAADZhgAgyKptA=
Message-ID: <4a64269d-ca0c-4a54-a563-41c111ee6e83<_at_>organization.com >
References: <001f01d13402$ef4aca10$cde05e30$@de>
In-Reply-To: <001f01d13402$ef4aca10$cde05e30$@de>
X-Mailer: Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) (9.0.0.291 T0)
To: 'CB' <me<_at_>organization.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=-868QMaUOKyQMIQW3+uBW"

--=-868QMaUOKyQMIQW3+uBW
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=-j15+QFTsJMwNLlLfFnf+"

--=-j15+QFTsJMwNLlLfFnf+
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

FYI
=20
=20
=20
From: ml-owner@organization.com [mailto:ml-owner<_at_>organization.com] On Beh=
alf Of KM
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 5:59 AM
To: info<_at_>historikerverband.de
Cc: mk<_at_>historikerverband.de
Subject: [rcptn] PM: Gefl=FCchtete und Europa. Stellungnahme des Arbeitskre=
ises Au=DFereurop=E4ische Geschichte des VHD
=20
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio-blue wrote on Mon, 21 December 2015 22:41
That is the header from an email I had received. Does it help?

Not much. This email is not from mailing list. It does not even match the pattern you have described.
Out of office from user 'CB' <me<_at_>organization.com> is going to be sent to SF <forwarder<_at_>organization.com>.
Previous Topic: mailing list forwarding - sender's address gets cut off in Outlook
Next Topic: Mobile devices fail to list for a user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:09:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.