Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Client - SOLVED (Slow loading)
  •  
SurreyDan

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone noticed a significant drop in speed when loading the Kerio Connect Client / web mail since upgrading to verion 9.0 and above?

From entering the URL to page load in verison 8 was almost instant. Now my users are waiting around 10 seconds for the log in screen.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Regards

Daniel

[Updated on: Sun, 27 December 2015 22:23]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

I haven't heard others reporting this behavior. Is there any difference if you input the IP address rather than the hostname of your server? Or if you use HTTP vs. HTTPS.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
TheMilkMen

This has been discussed a couple of times on the forum but there is no definitive answer yet. I've a even logged a support Kerio but so far I haven't been able to find a root cause.

We run servers on OS X, Windows and Debian and so far we've only seen the issue on Windows.

I can tell you from my server performance stats I am not seeing any increase in the CPU or Memory usage and I am not seeing any significant increase in disk read/write access. However on the Windows 2012 servers the webmail and admin panel can take anything up to 10 seconds to load.

What OS are you running?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Most common cause is enabled reverse DNS lookup on the server and incorretcly configured DNS for local clients. So it takes few seconds for each connection to be established.
It can be very easily troubleshooted in with browser debugging console.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
  •  
SurreyDan

I am running Kerio Connect on Windows 2012R2 and have the issue on PCs running Windows 10.

I have just checked speed on an iPad and have also noted the delay.

The DNS settings haven't changed in a while - our set up is rather simple - one IP address dedicated just for the mail server. The delay also occurs if I use the IP address.

Server memory and CPU load are low.

As I mentioned, this wasn't a problem in KC8, and in my opinion has just happened since the upgrade to 9.
  •  
TheMilkMen

Hi Pavel

Can you give any advice on which of the logs to look through. I've been monitoring the HTTP service and the page response is coming back in 0.01s

I've tested two of our servers today. One is running Windows 2012 R2 and the other OS X 10.10. Both have SSD's both have 16GB RAM and on Windows the loads time for the webmail client and administration client is anything up to 10 seconds and the Mac Server is almost instant. Just to be sure I've tested Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Opera.

Thanks
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Have a look at this forum thread
http://forums.kerio.com/?t=msg&goto=117932&

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
  •  
SurreyDan

Not quite sure how I missed this one.

Disabling the "log host names for incoming connections" sorted the problem out for me.

Many thanks!
  •  
TheMilkMen

works wonders for me too. However I am curious as to why our Debian/Ubuntu and OS X servers aren't affected by this
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.5.0
Next Topic: backup in Kerio Connect 9.0 is very slow
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 01:51:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01079 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.