Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How long will my users be down for upgrade
  •  
ChrisBullock

Send a private message to this user
We need to upgrade from version 8.4.3 to version 9.X. What is the average downtime for users? We will snapshot the server before the upgrade. There is no mention of a reboot, but it states that all services will be stopped during the upgrade. Just trying to get a sense of what time of day we should try to upgrade the server.
Regards,
Chris
  •  
MarkK

I haven't done the 9.0 upgrade, but traditionally the upgrades to the server are around <10 minutes. Client upgrades depend on what they are running for email client. If the Outlook client needs to be updated, that can be an additional 10 minutes.
  •  
jimsky7

I just upgraded to Connect 9.0.1 on an Ubuntu server and the whole upgrade took about a minute. I have 85 users, but I don't think number of users is an issue at all.
  •  
My IT Indy

You should be down for a few minutes only. Not sure what the backend upgrade process is so some things "might" be slow for a while.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 9.x-x64 on Debian 8.x-x64 - Installation how-to
Next Topic: Anyone running Connect Server on a hosted server?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jun 25 12:42:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.