Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control Administration Access through Internet (Kerio Control Administration Access through Internet)
  •  
Tabby Mulla

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am new to Kerio. I need to access Kerio Control Administration from outside the LAN. I have a static IP address internet connection(say XXX.XX.XXX.XX). I have gone through other similar posts but unable to solve my problem.

I have Kerio Control 8.6
Installed on Windows 7
01 WAN Port connection for internet
01 LAN Port connection
Kerio Control Administration access on LAN is ttp://192.168.1.1:4080/admin/

Please guide me step-by-step. Also include what I would have to type in browser for accessing Kerio after I have completed settings in Kerio. Let me know if you need any additional details.

Thanks.

Tabby

•  
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Tabby Mulla wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 11:07
I have Kerio Control 8.6
Installed on Windows 7

That's unlikely. There is no Windows build of Kerio Control 8. Windows OS support was discontinued in Control 7.

Quote:
Please guide me step-by-step.

Start here - Quick start with Kerio Control and here Managing Kerio Control appliances in MyKerio

[Updated on: Tue, 29 December 2015 12:30]

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Looking for help ? - http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Tabby Mulla

Sorry, Kerio Control is installed on Linux. Windows 7 is on PABX exchanger server.
  •  
Tabby Mulla

I don't have "Remote Services" tab in Kerio Control. How do I add it to MyKerio?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Remote Services tab is in Kerio Control 8.6. If you don't see it, you have older version.

Petr Dobry

•  
Tabby Mulla

I cant find version of the Kerio Control by accessing it from LAN. Although it says new version of 9.0.0 available.
Also I cannot find the Serial Number for adding appliance on MyKerio.
Do I have to go to the server room for these?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Control version is visible on Dashboard (the first page you see when you log in).

Serial number is required only for Kerio Control HW boxes. Virtual appliances must be added via Remote Services tab in Kerio Control.

Petr Dobry

•  
Tabby Mulla

Btw any idea on how much time does it requires to install the already downloaded 9.0.0 update on a core2duo with 1 gb of ram on Linux 6.1?
  •  
Tabby Mulla

I found the version by adding the "System" tile
8.1.1 patch 1 build 1019. I will update the system in the morning in presence of our Tech guy since there is no one at the server room in the night and get back to the forum tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
  •  
Tabby Mulla

Sorry. I just found out that the tech guy had installed a crack version last week for a preview of the software. We updated today to 9.0.0 and managed to setup MyKerio from Remote Services tab. The access over internet is very handy. We have contacted only available local supplier for the License as I can not find online buying option through the Kerio website. The local supplier has informed us that they will visit our site on Tuesday and will require number of users for License costing.

Is number of users really required for license? Maximum will be 255? We are also assigning IP address to our 50+ IP cameras through the Kerio DHCP server but not allowing them internet. Will they also be included in the license count? I feel they are just taking unnecessary advantage of being sole local supplier of software.

One problem still there is that backup keep failing on samepage.io. indicating "page not found". I have entered the address bar URL when I am on samepage.io page as I cannot find a specific URL for the page.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Quote:
Is number of users really required for license? Maximum will be 255?

Yes. License for virtual appliance is based on number of users (see http://kb.kerio.com/1300).

If you have more questions about licensing, please contact our sales at http://www.kerio.com/contact

Petr Dobry

Previous Topic: Kerio control php api does not work with new version (9)
Next Topic: Problem in connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Apr 28 00:47:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.82152 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.