Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio 7.0 doesn't allow port 843
  •  
ferntip

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

We are running a flash game which runs on socket connection port 843 on a remote server. Now Im unable to connect to that flash mode of that game. Actually the game doesn't load. I have tried different traffic policy but it is not working. we are using signalr method for the flash video.

When I tried connecting without kerio firewall... the game loads perfectly fine. I know that kerio blocks incoming connection but unable to sort out the issue.

Please find attached image for log (http) from kerio

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

We would have to see your traffic rules. Without that it's just guessing.
It's possible that your game use HTTP protocol on port 843, but sends binary data there (we have seen that in real world even though it's against RFC).

You can try to create a dedicated traffic rule for your flash game and disable protocol inspectors for that rule (only NAT will be enabled). That might help.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
ferntip

Hi Petr,

Please find attached my traffic rules... As you said I have added new rule which is at the top but still it is not working

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Your traffic rule makes no sense, unless the game is hosted on the firewall itself. You need to enable NAT or MAP, depending on where the game is located.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
Previous Topic: Mobile Phone connect problem!
Next Topic: multihoming
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:28:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.