Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS Recover messages (It's scary there!)
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
Yesterday I had to use KMS recover to bring back a single folder (and sub-folders) to a user's mailbox. After reading through KB1141 and KB1142 I used a command similar to the below to fetch the folder out of the backup and to a temporary location:

./kmsrecover -d company.com -u wsmith -s /Volumes/Temp /Volumes/backup

During the restore, I received several warning that KMSRecover was going to destroy my existing mail store. I've seen previous message traffic that this is a scary but bogus warning given the parameters I was using, but it was still unnerving.

I have 2 requests:

- Please don't issue the mail store destruction warning unless it really applies.
- create a new "merge" directive so that messages can restored from backup and placed into a live, running system. If someone needs their "Sent Items" or "Inbox" folder recovered, we need to avoid data loss.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bud,

Feel free to list this as a feature request:

http://kb.kerio.com/1643

This is the best place to list your needs for kmsrecover as that is where our developers check for things that users are asking for.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Bud Durland

I would if I had votes left. but I've put them on things that I think are more important. Besides, fixing an incorrect warning message shouldn't require a 'suggestion'
Previous Topic: "WebMailServlet.cpp: Failed to read file /opt/kerio/mailserver/web/" after upgrading to 9.0x
Next Topic: How to get AD Kerio snapin tasks to change domain and disable user's ability to set password?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:30:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.