- David Elias
Hello everybody and first of all: Happy New Year!
We just updated to 9.0.1 yesterday because the 8.0.0 Version we were running before the upgrade does not allow the use of more than one Kerio Account in an Outlook Profile.
But after the successful update Routine of both, Kerio Connect and Outlook connector on Client PC´s, we ran into some Trouble. After adding multiple accounts to an Outlook Profile
- on some Clients Outlook wouldn´t start properly, freezing at "loading Profile" (deleting and recreating a Profile helped in most cases)
- on some Clients Outlook would show an "Inbox1" instead of "Inbox"
- Mail Transfer took about 15 Minutes in some cases (5 Mail Accounts are fetched via Pop3 every 2 minutes)
Some more Information about the Setup:
- Kerio Connect 9.0.1 is running in a Windows 10 64 Bit virtual machine (VMware Player, Host = also Windows 10)
- Client PC´s: Windows 7 / Outlook 2010 (6 Systems) or Windows 10 / Outlook 2010 (2 systems)--> So we have less than 10 Clients connecting to Kerio Connect, but three of them with multiple kerio accounts included (up to 5 kerio accounts in one Profile)
Any help is much appreciated! If you Need more Information, like log files etc. please let me know. Thank you guys in advance!
- Pavel Dostal (Kerio)
- long first start of Outlook after the update could be caused by Outlook Connector database update. It can take quite a long time. Normally Outlook should be cancelled automatically, however it is possible that Outlook closing failed.
- "Inbox1" instead of "Inbox" is strange. Is it english Outlook or some localized version?
- you can expect quite a slow work with more Kerio Outlook Connector accounts in single profile. Disk access is a bottle neck of Kerio Outlook Connector. It's OK with small accounts, nevertheless 5 large mailboxes can make Outlook unusable.
(It is good to keep single account < 5GB or at least < 10GB to avoid serious performance issues. With more accounts, 10GB limit of their cumulative size should be considered as well)
More precise answer requires log analysis and other tests and I recommend to ask Kerio Support for help.
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of