Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF problems on W8.1 x64 Enterprise (KOFF keeps asking for password / performance issues)
  •  
cwt

Send a private message to this user
Aloha and a Happy New Year @ all! Cool

Since my update of Kerio Connect to V9.0.1 I have several problems at a customer's network.

1.) Sometimes KOFF on Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise with Office 2013 x86 keeps asking for the username & password when Outlook is being started. After entering the credentials again (which didn't change) everything works fine.

2.) Adding additional mailboxes via KOFF in Outlook: if a user adds a shared mailbox via Outlook -> rightclick on user's name -> additional mailboxes Outlook freezes and greys out. It has to be killed via the task manager including the KOFF.exe - otherwise Outlook won't restart. If the shared mailbox is added via the control panel -> E-Mail (32bit)... everything works fine...

Setup

Kerio Connect: Windows 2012R2 Std. on a ProLiant Dl380G5 with 16GB RAM and 2x QC Xeon (AD member, not a DC)

Clients: various hardware specs, but the minimum is always an Intel i5/i7 or equivalent AMD with min. 8GB RAM and SSDs as system drives. Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise AD, each AD user with normal user rights, roaming profiles with redirection to the local folders (not working directly on a UNC path like \\Server\%username%)

We already tried to disable the Windows Firewall including AntiVirus software with no positive effect. There are no special GPOs active which restrict access to key components on the client side. UAC is turned off by default.

Would appreciate any tipps Smile

Cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 06 January 2016 12:43]

•  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

1. In most cases KOFF asks for password if Connect rejects authorization attempt. These rejections should be visible both in KOFF log and in Connect log (enable User Authentication in Connect debug log). Check it, sometimes it is caused by some AD issue.

2. Sorry, I'm not really sure if I understand where you clicked. It should be right click on name -> Properties -> Folder mapping -> Configure. It should be possible to add shared folders this way even in 9.0.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
cwt

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regarding the password: the server states "invalid password for user XY" when Outlook keeps asking for the password. I didn't change any user passwords nor did the clients/users anything like that. When I re-enter the password everything works fine Rolling Eyes

For point 2: I mean the feature to add additional shared mailboxes directly from Outlook.

Right click on the users name to the upper left (John Doe for example) in Outlook -> Other Mailboxes. This starts the KOFF tool (exactly the same as in Windows E-Mail 32bit). And if an additional mailbox is added Outlook freezes (incl. KOFF).
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

1. You had written that Connect is in AD. Do you map users from AD? Are users mapped from AD affected as well? (described error should occur for local user only).

2. Could you provide some video or at least some screenshots, please. AFAIK I have no such option in context menu. Video would be better, for I could see exactly in which step the Outlook freezes.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: webserver/caldavserver logfiles
Next Topic: Changing the email address when it is added via directory service OS X
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 07:22:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00898 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.