Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OSX 10.11 / el Capitan: Calendar "Add Invitees" missing
  •  
developherr

Send a private message to this user
Since a clean install to OS X 10.11 and configuration for Kerio Connect via the Kerio Connect installer (running currently latest Kerio Connect version 9.0.1), invitees cannot be added to calendar events any longer in the Apple Calendars app (8.0) on OS X 10.11. The entire invitee section is missing from event details if the event has been created via the Apple Calendar app, so this is not related similar reports where contacts are not being found when adding new invitees.

Managing invitees via the web client is working as expected. However, as soon as invitees have been added to an event via the web client, viewing this very event in Apple Calendars App leaves the event in a state similar to events received by foreign instances: the event can no longer be shifted in time or modified elsewise. This, again, is only subject to Apple Calendars app, not to the web client or other known clients including the latest iOS 9.2. calendar app.

Based on my research in this forum, this issue renders similar to a past issues due to modifications in the Apple Calendar app, which could be resolved by upgrading to Kerio Connect 7.0.2. Whereas in the current case, Kerio Connect is up to date (9.0.1).

The issue seems to be related to the combination of the Apple Calendar app and Kerio instead of Apple Calendar alone, as invitees of other calendar's events can be still be managed. (Yes, we also tried deactivating and reactivating the CalDav account in OS X system settings to ensure this isn't just a hickup - to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestion on a potential resolution?

Thanks in advance!
  •  
monkeymarlow

Sadly, not an answer for you. But hopefully add some weight to your problems and identify it as an ongoing issue...

We are suffering a similar problem too.

Seeing the 'Invitee' field in OS X Calendar app doesn't show up, but only for some users.
We use very similar calendars, no delegation, but all shared with all others in the domain for read only.

Some users have the 'Invitee' field, while others don't. Investigation so far has not tied it to an OS version (10.9-10.11, and all incremental in-between) and Kerio Connect 8.2 - 8.5.3 has been having the problems.
I am running 10.11.2 with OS X Calendar Version 8.0 (2092.2) and I see the 'Invitees', while my colleague is on identical versions and doesn't! Both on MBP 15" from same build year too.

Other mail providers (iCloud, OS X Mail Server) on the client Macs suffering have the 'Invitee' field visible, but not for the account served by Kerio Connect. Log in to the webmail interface of Kerio and hey presto, there is the 'Attendees' field.

Really annoying and no clear reason for the inconsistency. It's been over a year this has affected various, and changing users over that period.

Now compiling a full breakdown of the users, OSs, Calendar versions, and those impacted to fully cross check issue. Will post back with findings to see if it helps solve this problem.

Hope so...

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2016 11:45]

•  
developherr

That's pretty much exactly what we're experiencing on our end, too. Several colleagues are able to manage invitees, whereas others don't - despite identical system configurations aside account credentials.

I'd be curious to understand if you or anyone else is able to identify a pattern to this issue as currently, it seems to be kind of a russian roulette whether OS X and the Apple Calendar may be used in conjunction with Kerio Connect...

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2016 13:12]

•  
spheroid

A bunch of our users are also experiencing the same problem. But I heard a possible workaround is creating new calendar for the events you need to invite other people to.
  •  
monkeymarlow

I've done a little more investigation (not too methodical) and found the following out;

If the calendar is your own, all seems well on our system. The problem is most consistently there when you have been given read/write (or owner) permissions to another calendar. So even though you can create the event and admin it, you don't get the 'invitee' option.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? An possible the reason for this issue?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

monkeymarlow wrote on Mon, 08 February 2016 15:00
I've done a little more investigation (not too methodical) and found the following out;

If the calendar is your own, all seems well on our system. The problem is most consistently there when you have been given read/write (or owner) permissions to another calendar. So even though you can create the event and admin it, you don't get the 'invitee' option.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? An possible the reason for this issue?

Possible solution would be to use delegation instead of sharing. When you share a calendar, it does not give you right to send an invitation on behalf of another user (which creating an invitation in other user's calendar is). Delegation is what you need.
  •  
monkeymarlow

Dear Pavel

Thanks for the response.

I agree that delegation would potentially resolve this issue, however giving delegation does not solely give rights to the Calendar, it also gives that delegate rights to see the mail inbox and more. Alas, not a suitable solution in my case, and I imagine for others too.

Ideally I would like to see that if I can read & write for a user, I can add invitees too. This would make sense to me.
I want someone to deal with my calendar and arrange meetings, but not see my emails!
(I'm partly ignoring the issue that invites and ics files are distributed via email side so can appreciate the complexities of the idea).

Any chance this could become a feature request?

Thanks
Phil
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is probably misunderstanding. Delegation is by default for Calendar only (and meeting invitations). Access rights for Inbox folder must be explicitly assigned. See screenshot.
./fa/4219/0/

•  
monkeymarlow

Dear Pavel

Thank you! You are correct, a misunderstanding of mine from what I was informed.

What you show is exactly what I see when looking.
Delegation will be my settings from here and see if the invitees issue goes away for good...

Thanks, Phil

Previous Topic: Recovery Errors
Next Topic: Unknown User in "Activ Connections" List
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Apr 29 15:20:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.